MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of renewing insurance on my 2005 Brutale 750 and having some trouble.
No problem getting quotes, mainly from market comaprison sites but when I check out review sites for ratings, most of the companies seem to have terrible reputations! And of course, you only find out about their bad customer service in the worst circumstances, when you've dropped it or had it nicked, not a good time to discover that!
So, can you guys recommend any companies which you have found to be good? Obviously, only UK providers.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'm in the process of renewing insurance on my 2005 Brutale 750 and having some trouble.
No problem getting quotes, mainly from market comaprison sites but when I check out review sites for ratings, most of the companies seem to have terrible reputations! And of course, you only find out about their bad customer service in the worst circumstances, when you've dropped it or had it nicked, not a good time to discover that!
So, can you guys recommend any companies which you have found to be good? Obviously, only UK providers.
I have been with Adrian Flux for a good time and they are very good from personal experience, avoid Highway as they are a nightmare to deal with.That's just my view but you will get others.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that saved me from using an insurer that used Highway! I was considering their quote on my short list!

·
Registered
396 Posts
They are all shite ... take the cheapest.

Bennetts and Carol Nash (and most others in the market) are just brokers so will do exactly that and then add on a a commission!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I am in my third year now with BeMoto: https://www.bemoto.uk/ with a range of bikes from classics through to the newest 2020 CBR1000RR-R SP. I have both multi-bike and individual policies, depending on the age and value of bike. I return to them with both new bikes and renewals, BUT always cross-compare via comparison sites. Invariably, they will meet a competitor's quotation, because, as stated by @Hawk , they are merely another broker and might sacrifice some commission.

Interestingly, one of my policies is underwritten by Highway. I have no direct experience with them, but will add that they were one of very few to take on the new Fireblade. It's fair to say that many are difficult to deal with. Insurance is like marriages: problems are going to vary between parties and dependant upon factors that bring about a problem.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Mine are covered by Ageas and Markerstudy the former tend to cover the cheaper stuff and the latter the dearer bikes. I have a couple of multi bike and a couple of stand alone with both CN and Bennets. I get check quotes every year, bizarrely bemoto are yet to be competitive for me.

·
Registered
510 Posts
They are all shite ... take the cheapest.

Bennetts and Carol Nash (and most others in the market) are just brokers so will do exactly that and then add on a a commission!
exactly what he said why is it you can go direct to insurance company for your car but a bike you have to go through a broker

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I avoid carol nash like the plague, one of the worst I've dealt with in the past. My outgoing broker is Bennets but this year they were uncompetative. Bemoto also uncompetative on this occasion. After a week of trawling I finally went with Bikesure, which is Adrian Flux in disguise, underwriter Marker Study. Best overall poilicy and price. Of course everybody is now going to tell me they are the worst!! What a pain this exercise is every year! At least I don't have to bother with an MOT this year though, thanks to Covid19!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If the bike was on the road but it will be tucked up for the winter by then, so next MOT will be next year.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Out of interest, what’s wrong with CN? I’ve been with them since 2013 and have pretty much always found them the most competitive and their policies include rider cover (fully comp on someone else’s bikes up to 15k) And breakdown assistance, which I had cause to use once and was fantastic.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Out of interest, what’s wrong with CN? I’ve been with them since 2013 and have pretty much always found them the most competitive and their policies include rider cover (fully comp on someone else’s bikes up to 15k) And breakdown assistance, which I had cause to use once and was fantastic.
all I can say to that is see what happens after you make a claim .

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
all I can say to that is see what happens after you make a claim .
Fair comment, but I think it might well apply equally to most.

Let's face it: No insurance company is going to be busting to make a payout; but I do concede it's the manner by which they evaluate the claim which might be the bone of contention.(y)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
And breakdown assistance, which I had cause to use once and was fantastic.
Out of interest Nito did the break down cover actually cover you more than 20 miles from your home? I ask because a friend got caught out when he found out that the break down cover that is included in his policy was only covering him for a 20 mile radius. Mine was the same, but I have been taking out separate breakdown cover.

You really have to pay attention to the small print, I mean breakdown cover with up to a 20 mile radius?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I was within 20 miles, but when I read the small print back then (2017) it also covered for further afield, I haven't read it since, I just see it as a bonus when they are still cheaper than everyone else for me.

With regards to making a claim, the brokers do sweet FA, surely that's down to the insurers at that point.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Okay for me. I do only a 10-mile loop to keep my mileage down!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hey Nige you may not be joking??? I bet your the sort of individual who can suck a fruit pastel. You must have to permanently use fuel stabiliser? Also do your tyres go off well before they wear out?

I presume your new Honda when she appears may take a few years to get to the 1st service, or will she be getting preferential treatment against the rest of your little harem?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts