1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Thanks Pier your enthusiasm for all things MV is infectious.

I am also hearing some interesting news, go MV.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I was in San Marino today,in MV AGUSTA CORSE.The factory is closed now and i met Mr Tamburini Andrea,Mr Massimo's son.
I spent 3 hours with Andrea.
In future will be a lot of news about TAMBURINI toys and projects!
MV AGUSTA CORSE IS STILL ALIVE!!!!
pier
Pier....I noticed you said the factory is closed? Why are they closed?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I think the Italians close shop for a month out of the year. Its normal...
..for what i´ve heard its closed for good !! its beeing moved to Italy , less tax´s and quicker response to Mv corse owners ,and yes less expensive !!:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
How come I don't 'hear' a damn thing. Where do you guys 'hear' this stuff??? :popcorn:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
How come I don't 'hear' a damn thing. Where do you guys 'hear' this stuff??? :popcorn:
I'm with you Fast Man....smells like a pile, don't it? :shitfan: As for closing for a month.....isn't that usually in August?

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I'm with you Fast Man....smells like a pile, don't it? :shitfan: As for closing for a month.....isn't that usually in August?

Could be... I couldnt remembe when they close down for a month.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
The closing of MV Corse was announced several months ago guys, try to keep up :D

·
Registered
5,193 Posts

I know I am getting some shit at the moment for being anti MV, but every time someone says something that the die hard MV enthusiasts don't like it's the same old story ''Sounds like a pile don't it?'' attitude,, why not ''really, is that just gossip or fact?''

I heard the same story from two sources, nothing to do with tax, more to do with the man at the helm just drove it into the ground, now I guess I'll just sit back and wait for the normal

''I love my MV brigade'' to slag me off again, what's up with some of you? MV is not in a very strong position at all at this moment, both financially and with dealers all over Europe,
A lot of European dealers are refusing to order new stock because MV have shafted them too many times by selling them bikes only to anounce a new model and leaving dealers needing to sell bikes for less than cost, just LOOK what they did in the UK, They (MV Agusta.it) sold over 100 bikes to DK Motorcycles totally by-passing the MV Importer, who then passed them on to the public for nealy £5000 LESS than official dealers, yes they were 06 'S' models, but I'll put money it left a lot of secondhand bikes stuck right up the UK dealers, and we wonder why 3X didn't want to continue being the importer................

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Yeah I believe Mike and also Rob from Spectrum. They closed up Corse. What reason I dont know. I love MV Agusta as a bike to a fault...the company the brand itself I could not be bothered with it. I dont understand when they are making bikes that cost so much how they can NOT make a profit lol.

·
Registered
720 Posts
..for what i´ve heard its closed for good !! its beeing moved to Italy , less tax´s and quicker response to Mv corse owners ,and yes less expensive !!:)

Do your home work,It is just the opposite:bawling:

Mike :smoking:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am in the business analysis of companies.
Mr. Castiglioni is not a great businessman. He is a great motorcycle man. Do some homework on Ducati circa 1977 and you can see a very disturbing coincidence between MV today and Ducati prior to TPG.
He tried to set up a venture with Piaggio in 2001 and it fell through. Acting before the deal was done put the company in dire straights and as you know, sold part of the stock to Proton. During the Proton era, Castiglioni ran up a mountain of debt. Proton sold their interest for one symbolic Euro to GEVI SPA, a bathroom fixtures maker. GEVI assumed all the debt about E 170 million.
Recently, Husky was sold to BMW for an undisclosed amount. Part of Cagiva bikes are being built in India now. Production is at a stamdstill.
Castiglioni is bringing in his son who went to business school in GB. Hopefully he can be more pragmatic.
I am afraid that unless he shifts production to the Chec Republic, Romania or poland, he is pricing himself out of the motorcycle market.
Did anyone notice how Ducati knocked off the back end of the F4? Did they sell that to Ducati???
What is going on????
I have demanded an interview with Castiglioni but he is silent - disturbingly so.
It will not surprise me to see MV fold and disappear.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I was in San Marino today,in MV AGUSTA CORSE.The factory is closed now and i met Mr Tamburini Andrea,Mr Massimo's son.
I spent 3 hours with Andrea.
In future will be a lot of news about TAMBURINI toys and projects!
MV AGUSTA CORSE IS STILL ALIVE!!!!
pier
How about the father, Is he still working for MV? Does he still run CRC?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts