MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is some pics of my tag bracket. i took the stock piece and cut it right below where it mounts in the tail section. Then i cut the actual plate that the tag mounts to and welded it to the previous piece i cut putting an angle on it to make sure johnny law can see it from inside his car. painted it black. i will figure out some signals shortly. im thinking some sort of l.e.d strip but ill come up with something. for now the ol hand signal will work as its time to ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Clean i like it. i just wonder where are you putting the lighting to light up the plate. and is there an integraded directionals tail-light available for the F3 yet?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
honestly....my response to the law dog would be..the tail light is lighting up the tag. you are correct, a taillight with the signals in it would be sweet.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I like it. Well done. How do you get all the wires out of the old one? Do you have to take the back section (tail) of the bike apart to disconnect the turn signal wires?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was actually thinking about doing the same. I love how tucked up it is. All the tail tidy kits I've seen hang too low for my liking.
For plate lights there are LED lights that attach to your existing plate bolts shining down onto your plate.
As for indicators, I'm working on having 2 tiny strips of LEDs in each of the rear facing vents. Keep you posted as to when I'll attack the project. Have the parts, just have to find the time.

Would you mind posting some more pics of how your plate is welded onto the stock arm?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks fellas. Matam ill post pics of it without the tag on it after I get it back from the 1st service tues or wed.

Turn signals are still in the works. Thinking l.e.d strip. Just gotta figure out where to put them. And find the time to do so. Were working 12 hours a day 6 days a week right now. So work, family, riding, then work on the bike. Lol

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just my opinion, but this looks too compromised. I want a smaller tag holder like others, but turn signals that can be seen. The stock signals don't look too bad to me; they are sized proportionally just about right for this bike. The mods I like look like they were done by the factory design people.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
may I ask what you mean by compromised? I haven't had a chance to address the signals yet. Been to busy riding the bike. A motorcycle does not have to have signals in the state of VA. At least no signals have never kept me from getting an inspection sticker and I've never caught any slack from a cop for not having any. I plan on doing something sleek and trick for my MV. If it we up to me I wouldn't have anything on that sexy ass end but a tag in view is the law. Boooo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts