MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was off the road with my tank not venting and pumping fuel all over the motor from under the tank. After reading the forum and some last minute advice from Ed, I'm riding again. I've been so busy riding, I couldn't write... I had a broken tank vent line, so I took the opportunity to replace the male plastic quick disconnects with metal and replace the vent/drain lines while removing that cannister from my tank. Instead of plugging the old emissions overflow hole with a bolt, I took it off, pulled the o-ring out of it, wire brushed it clean, fluxed it, stuck an allen wrench in the hole, clamped the allen wrench in my vise and heated the fitting up with the torch and soldered the hole closed! Happy riding now. Maybe I need a steering damper. Twice it almost ate my lunch in the last 1600 miles. I've got the bound and rebound all the way soft on front/rear. Should I increase the settings some?? Thanks for any advice.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hi Tony, welcome back, glad you got it sorted.
As far as the suspension goes, turning all the settings to soft won't do you much good. If you have the rebound turned all the way out there is nothing to slow the return action of the spring, and because you have no compression damping either that bike will be bouncing around like crazy, no steering damper will stop that.
What you need to do is look at the manual and return the suspension to stock settings. You can then work from there to soften it up by adding rebound and removing damping. Do one thing at a time between rides and write everything down.
Good luck.:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dons,
Thanks for the advice. I've been so busy riding, I've not had time to read the forum. I'll dig out that page again and get it sorted out gradually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts