MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody!

As my post count will show I'm new here! ;)

I'm on the mv fence and have been for awhile now.

Been riding for 15 years. Had a few r6's along the way. Raced a little on a cbr600rr. Last bike was a repsol cbr1000. I teach motorcycle training for a living and have a few friends with MV's

Long story short I was lusting after the f3 675 when it was first released yet held off with word of an 800 with improved fuel mapping came about.

We have a dealer here in town. I have my heart set on a matte black f3 800

My question is how to you guys find living with an mv Augusta from day to day. Anything I new prospective owner my want or need to know?!

Thanks so much everybody.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Expect tons of attention and people taking pictures of your bike randomly.

Paying 3x that of other bikes on maintenance.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Depends on how much you ride it. I put less than 1000 miles on mine so I find living with them easy and cheap.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The few little kinks seem to have been worked out so you probably won't have any more issues than you would with anything else. The real question is do you have a GOOD dealer in town?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gents. The dealer just got mv as a line this year. They also service BMW aprilia kawi and a few other jap lines. So I think they will be decent looking after an mv.

I put on average between 3000-5000 miles a season. I do have a second bike to ride on less then great weather days and to keep the miles down on the mv if need be.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
JD, first off, welcome to this crazy world of MV...Second, where do you live on this big blue marble?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello!
I'm in alberta canada. My dealer called today and said they can get a black one in fro me. Ive seen lots of photos yet have not seen one in person. Just the white n black. Do you guys think 5000km is to much to put one a bike like this in a season?

I had a member send me a private message telling me NOT to buy an MV which I thought was odd… Don't want to stir the pot yet having had Honda's yamaha's and a back up fz6. I thought it would be awesome to own a little slice of something special even if it may have an attitude from time to time.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
5000km is nothing to this bike. Buy one and ride it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
The Aprilia could be a good thing also seeing that you have a dealer in town.
Try to get a test ride on both and make up your mine from that would be my advice.

·
Registered
14,409 Posts
???

Neal;1048273....... Paying 3x that of other bikes on maintenance.[/QUOTE said:
really????? for an oil, oil filter and fuel filter change......do it yourself it's too easy.......

Jdlfreedom;

I'm doing close to 20,000 kms a year.......

so far my Brutale has burned out 2 low beam bulbs in 2 years......absolutely no other issues......other than tires :naughty::naughty:

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I know it is not comparing apples to apples in my case. My second bike is a Ducati 1098. It sits in the garage most of the time because when I go for a ride the MV always wins my heart and I take her:f4:.
I have also had Hondas and Yamahas in the past and can say on the F4. She is the easiest to work on. 99% of the assemble makes since. Unlike the 1098. Have to remove thousand bolts to take the fairing off:thewife:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts