MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any MVAgusta.net members going?

My poor mv brutale is going across from Poole to France this Sunday, then into Spain and on to Gibraltar, before heading back to Valencia for the races. Followed by a trip to Plymouth via Santander and then home.

A total of, I daren't count, thousands of miles. I hope to get lots of pics. :)

Going to Gib to meet up with my eldest son who is in the army and currently based there. Then looking forward to mid November, when my youngest son should be coming home from Iraq.

Hopefully the whole family can all get together and ride our bikes this year! It'll be a first for us. :yo:

So, if you're in Spain for the GP and you see a silver mv brutale geegee, say hi? :D

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
essee said:
Any MVAgusta.net members going?

My poor mv brutale is going across from Poole to France this Sunday, then into Spain and on to Gibraltar, before heading back to Valencia for the races. Followed by a trip to Plymouth via Santander and then home.

A total of, I daren't count, thousands of miles. I hope to get lots of pics. :)

Going to Gib to meet up with my eldest son who is in the army and currently based there. Then looking forward to mid November, when my youngest son should be coming home from Iraq.

Hopefully the whole family can all get together and ride our bikes this year! It'll be a first for us. :yo:

So, if you're in Spain for the GP and you see a silver mv brutale geegee, say hi? :D
Flying over and hiring a Fiat Punto :jsm: Shold have a Manx flag flying from the windows... should be there Fri/Sat and Sunday... :)

Will give you a wave if we see you :laughing: :friday:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you going to Cheste on Sat?

If I see a Fiat Punto with a Manx flag (hubby's mum/family is from/living on IOM) I'll give you a wave. :moped:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Will be staying in Valencia, so not sure yet... how easy is it to get there?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Erm, it's not so much the getting there, as the getting back. :friday: But if you're planning on an overnight party, then Cheste is probably the place to go. Someone else might know more than me, but a taxi from the circuit would probably be required, unless someone offers you a lift, which does happen sometimes. :jsm: If you take the car, don't expect to be able to get it back out when you want to though. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
LOL...... will see how the land lies when we get there.... still got fingers crossed that our tickets will arrive in time... the ones we have paid TWICE for :banghead:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be honest, probably standing room only, but if you get there Friday, there should be tickets at the gate if yours don't turn up. I doubt you'll be able to get them anywhere else, but there's always been tickets kept back in previous years, even last year, for those turning up on Thursday and Friday and it was 'sold out' last year too. If everything else is booked and paid for, but your tickets don't arrive, I'd risk it if I were you. :stickpoke

At the very worst you can watch it on tv in the pub in Spain. It'll be on practically every tv in Spain! :D

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Wow, that's a long trip :smoking:
I just hope you get some nice weather.
Stay safe and keep us posted from the cyber cafés on the way :)
Have a great trip.

·
Registered
922 Posts
you thilly putheeeee

acruhl said:
So are you really supposed to say "vah-len-thee-ah"?

I'm from down near Mexico, and that's not the way the mexicans say it so it always throws me off...
Don't worry, I reckon folks from Madrid do the "thee" thing with just about anything they can get away with as it's a bit posh, but everyone else in Spain does whatever their local accent dictates. Anyway, what would I know, I haven't met a Valencian, so maybe someone on the board can correct us all.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Valencians don't speak proper imo, though they say they speak more proper than the rest of Spain. Hubby knows how they pronounce Valencia, but I can't remember. If you're English and try to speak normal Spanish with an English accent, you're very lucky if you can find a Valencian who understands what you're saying. :ahhh: Same with the Catalan.

I think in Valencia they do pronounce the V as a V, but they don't in Jerez, there it's more b than v. With the th, b, th in 'cerveza' I had real trouble ordering a beer when in Jerez, which is h, r, th. :jsm:

Spain's much like most places. Local accents and dialects. :smoking:

Luckily for me, most Spanish speak English better than I do. :blush:

·
Registered
922 Posts
essee said:
The Valencians don't speak proper imo, though they say they speak more proper than the rest of Spain. Hubby knows how they pronounce Valencia, but I can't remember. If you're English and try to speak normal Spanish with an English accent, you're very lucky if you can find a Valencian who understands what you're saying. :ahhh: Same with the Catalan.

I think in Valencia they do pronounce the V as a V, but they don't in Jerez, there it's more b than v. With the th, b, th in 'cerveza' I had real trouble ordering a beer when in Jerez, which is h, r, th. :jsm:

Spain's much like most places. Local accents and dialects. :smoking:

Luckily for me, most Spanish speak English better than I do. :blush:
Good luck with the beer, and the ride. Wish I was going too.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Heh. I forgot all the Spanish I used to know, but I live in a town with a road called "Valencia", so I hear that word all the time. The more americanized people say it just how it looks, but the people from Mexico who haven't been here long say it much like "bah-len-see-ah".

My wife is from near Brighton but I understand the Scots and Geordies better than she does :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I will trickle down there on Sunday for the race.......if you see a red/black 910...that will be me!!!!
I'm still busy braking my baby in before going there, so I can use the full 'sound system' on the way.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts