MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Walk Into My Garage And Under My Bike Is A Huge Puddle Of Oil...................... Its Leaking Out Of The Bike !!!!!!! You Have Got To Be Kidding Me? Wtf Could Have Caused This I Dont Believe It!

:(

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
two possibilities.

1. You garage sits atop a huge oil reserve and you are now a billionaire.

or

2. something simple, probably loose...

take a deep breath and remove some plastic.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i took the plastics off and it looks to be coming out of the lower part of the engine case... there is NO oil around the oil filter and it is on there very tight, so that isnt the problem. i think this could be bad - anything else i should check?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
To be honest, there are some great mechanical / technical minds on this forum just waiting to help, in order for them to help you answer your question you really need to be more descriptive and a photo would be so helpful

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
ohioagusta said:
I Walk Into My Garage And Under My Bike Is A Huge Puddle Of Oil...................... Its Leaking Out Of The Bike !!!!!!! You Have Got To Be Kidding Me? Wtf Could Have Caused This I Dont Believe It!

:(
Looks to be the same problem I had with my 2002 and that was somthing to do with the water pump area and it was replaced under warranty somthing to do with the spine was sharp :blah:

Its not serious at all they had mine switched out in a weekend.

I let mine sit all winter long and got it fixed in March of this year and haven't had a problem all season long since.

So to date I have had a leaky water pump, and oil from the water pump area and both got fixed and no its not a piece of shit. It happens, not to worry. :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
If I had to guess, it looks like that sump gasket is leaking or something... But I agree, if anything was done down there, check it. I believe air will travel upward through that area, so it's going to be difficult to know where exactly it came from.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Mine leaked oil when the top left bolt in the photo got loose. It was dripping harder when the bike was running so after tightening I sprayed foaming degreeser and washed it off. Ran it for about five mi. with a white rag under it without a drop. I hope yours is this simple, good luck, Chris.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey guys - bike is still under warranty but let me explain why i am upset lol :) nearest dealer is 4 hours away... oil was changed 2000 miles ago when it was serviced and the dirt you are seeing is from the case itself. yikes!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Matty had a leak at the oil pan gasket. You can do a serch for the thred. I think it took a cople hours to do and a long wait for the gasket. If you can get it clean and run it till you see the leak that might help you tell but make shure your oil level is up to the mark first.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I would carefully clean up the oil and go around tightening the 8mm head and 5mm allen head bolts, and whatever else you can find. Don't get ham fisted, those bolts will strip out in a heartbeat if you start really torquing them, they only need 8 or 10 foot pounds or something. Basically, all you're looking for are ones that are really loose.

That could be your fix. If not, just run it for a short period of time and if the mess got cleaned up good, you should see a small amount of oil coming from the culprit spot.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
The only way you are ever going to find it is to clean all the old oil and crap off, then just watch were it comes from next time you run it, most likely to be water pump or output shaft seal behind sprocket I would have thought :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
The first thing you have to do is clean everything off, use a good soap like dawn and possibly a degreaser like gunk or contact cleaner. Make sure all the oil is gone. Top off your oil supply, then run the bike and look for leaks, its that simple. Just by looking at the picture, it looks like your oil pan gasket is suspect, not a big deal.

·
Registered
304 Posts
you all remember what happened to me when my Brutale leaked oil????

Dealer sent someone to pickup my bike, (warranty work pays for towing) and I ended up with a replacement bike in 3 days.

ohioagusta,
call your dealer and have him come and get the bike. email him pictures also.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts