MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to get rebuild kits for OMG petcocks?. Tried Omg, Guzzino,Bevel Heaven. They list parts but don't have any stock. They Say Omg won't send parts as they won't you to buy new petcocks

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried Eurotrash Jambalaya ?

I've used them in the past and they some time have NOS bits in stock.

http://www.eurojamb.com/

Thanks, but it looks like they are like the others I tried. They sell the Omg petcocks but not the parts to rebuild them . I sent them a email

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Try Richard at Slater Brothers in the UK.. You might get lucky, as he some times has rare NOS on the shelf..

Google Slater Brothers ( Laverda ), as I've only got his phone number +44 (0)1885 410295

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try Richard at Slater Brothers in the UK.. You might get lucky, as he some times has rare NOS on the shelf..

Google Slater Brothers ( Laverda ), as I've only got his phone number +44 (0)1885 410295

Thanks John

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
22,836 Posts
Can't you simply measure the existing and source one from a hardware supply? Or, is it missing?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Can't you simply measure the existing and source one from a hardware supply? Or, is it missing?
I tried a place that sells heaps of washers etc. Seems like its specific size made for the petcock.
Washer is :
10mm outside diameter
7mm inside diameter
Thickness is 2mm
Most washers they sell are nowhere near the thickness of this in this size.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Adrian, got a photo of the disassembled petcock?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
276 Posts
OK, I'm not familiar with OMG petcocks but they sure look like most other period petcocks. The red washer you showed earlier looks to me like a sealing washer from where the nipple threads into the gas tank?

That red washer doesnt look like it goes inside the petcock. I think you need washers with 3 holes in them like the ones Bevel heaven and Bevel Rubber sell.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
OK, I'm not familiar with OMG petcocks but they sure look like most other period petcocks. The red washer you showed earlier looks to me like a sealing washer from where the nipple threads into the gas tank?

That red washer doesnt look like it goes inside the petcock. I think you need washers with 3 holes in them like the ones Bevel heaven and Bevel Rubber sell.
The red washer sits in the lever and fits like it was made for it . Both taps were like that when I pulled them apart . The silver washer and o ring fits between the tap and tank( see photo). The seal with the three holes in your photo is a fixed sealed in my tap and doesn't look like it can be removed. Tried to get it out but it's sealed. The red washers are stuffed and that's where fuel was leaking from not from the seal/tank

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Managed to finally source the red nylon washers I need to replace. After trying 7 companies I was almost ready to give up

·
Super Moderator
22,836 Posts
Excellent!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
220 Posts
I found them at http://www.motocicliveloci.it/
They don't list them on their site but I sent Giorgio a email and told me he had some.
That site ,does it have English option Xavier?

Yes, I had looked on motocicliveloci but nothing matched your request (I try to find petcock valve with reserve for my BE)

Thank you for information that is not on their list but available. Great !

I think the site macadam2roues has no English option, but if I can help you, it will be with pleasure, I speak excellent French :D

I've found on another site complete OMG petcock valve at 7,52 €
http://www.rrd-preparation.com/fr/r...eserve-bouton-barre-pour-peugeot-103-fox.html (they speak only french)

Appel de phare

Xavier

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, I had looked on motocicliveloci but nothing matched your request (I try to find petcock valve with reserve for my BE)

Thank you for information that is not on their list but available. Great !

I think the site macadam2roues has no English option, but if I can help you, it will be with pleasure, I speak excellent French :D

I've found on another site complete OMG petcock valve at 7,52 €
http://www.rrd-preparation.com/fr/r...eserve-bouton-barre-pour-peugeot-103-fox.html (they speak only french)

Appel de phare

Xavier
I'm still waiting on my order response from Giorgio. I prefer the look of the all metal ones like I have than the plastic lever type these guys are selling

1 - 20 of 21 Posts