MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I live in this super overcrowded city called shanghai. I don't know if any of you have ever been there, but under normal conditions, the roads are packed and people just run across the street without warning.

So tonight around 12am I took it to the industrial outskirts of the city around where my warehouse is located. It was the first time I finally opened up the f3.... Oh my god.... This thing is amazing. The sound of it with full throttle is just so unreal. I seriously can't describe it. The push after 7k rpm was something I wasn't used to at all. I rode an 08 cbr600rr before getting this bike and this experience is totally different. I felt the bike constantly asking me to push it harder haha. As I was cruising around in 3rd gear, the dash kept flashing 2 like it was begging me to drop it a gear and twist the throttle again. It was then I realized that I needed to stop and give it a rest for today because I realized that this thing could kill me.

Absolutely unreal. I realize that not a lot of people have f3's, or Mv agustas in general, and it makes me all the more thankful everytime I see it. I paid 54k usd for mine used, taxes for legally imported bikes in china are outrageous, and I was starting to regret it until tonight. I love my f3.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Awesome! I can almost see the smile beaming on your face.

I've been to Shanghai twice (once for work, later as part of a large family vacation to many stops in China). I cannot imagine riding there with all the traffic!! Do you have any opportunity for a trackday at the GP circuit?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hahaha, it does feel like a tiger running and roaring behind you trying to bite your ass while giving you shivers along the spine and an adrenaline rush at the same time...
That gear that flashed 2, while you were in 3 - the factory will replace gear sensor under warranty. Known issue, that everybody has on F3 and B3. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! I can almost see the smile beaming on your face.

I've been to Shanghai twice (once for work, later as part of a large family vacation to many stops in China). I cannot imagine riding there with all the traffic!! Do you have any opportunity for a trackday at the GP circuit?
Riding through traffic on my work commute is such a pain in the butt. There is a circuit that isn't the f1 circuit, but I haven't been there yet. I just got the bike a month ago and every Saturday it seems to be raining.... Monsoon season here in shanghai. If you ever come back to shanghai, hit me up. We can go for a ride!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hahaha, it does feel like a tiger running and roaring behind you trying to bite your ass while giving you shivers along the spine and an adrenaline rush at the same time...
That gear that flashed 2, while you were in 3 - the factory will replace gear sensor under warranty. Known issue, that everybody has on F3 and B3. :)
Ok thank you for letting me know that. I will speak to the dealership about that later this week!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Great posts guys. I wish you could visit NC USA where we have wide open empty curvy roads for miles. You might think you'd gone to heaven from the sounds of it. I have seen video of similar traffic in other countries, and it must be terribly frustrating to ride in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
$54,000??!!!
Buying a top end motorcycle is expensive here. First, you need to multiply the normal price by 3. Then, you tack on a 17% tax as it is considered a luxury good in china. Lastly, you have to get a license plate for the city or province you will be riding in.

In shanghai, they stopped issuing plates for bikes over 250cc in 2004 and so you need to go to the secondhand market to get one of the remaining plates. But because of the scarcity of these plates and the rise in demand, the plate I bought cost 25,000 usd.

So a brand new f3 would be 70k plus with all the costs included. I was gonna get one,but I would have had to wait till October to get it. These things are expensive toys in china. The guy who sold me his told me his net worth is over 10 million usd:wtf:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey guys,

So I live in this super overcrowded city called shanghai. I don't know if any of you have ever been there, but under normal conditions, the roads are packed and people just run across the street without warning.

So tonight around 12am I took it to the industrial outskirts of the city around where my warehouse is located. It was the first time I finally opened up the f3.... Oh my god.... This thing is amazing. The sound of it with full throttle is just so unreal. I seriously can't describe it. The push after 7k rpm was something I wasn't used to at all. I rode an 08 cbr600rr before getting this bike and this experience is totally different. I felt the bike constantly asking me to push it harder haha. As I was cruising around in 3rd gear, the dash kept flashing 2 like it was begging me to drop it a gear and twist the throttle again. It was then I realized that I needed to stop and give it a rest for today because I realized that this thing could kill me.

Absolutely unreal. I realize that not a lot of people have f3's, or Mv agustas in general, and it makes me all the more thankful everytime I see it. I paid 54k usd for mine used, taxes for legally imported bikes in china are outrageous, and I was starting to regret it until tonight. I love my f3.
Congrats on your wise choice

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
510 Posts
Congrats there buddy. That's some crazy price gouging they have over in China. I thought stuff over there was supposed to be cheap?!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats there buddy. That's some crazy price gouging they have over in China. I thought stuff over there was supposed to be cheap?!
Thanks man. Only the local labor and bootleg goods are cheap. All international brands are, like the Mv Agusta, 2 to 3 times the price they are in the US.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts