MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi,
what did he thought of your bike?
Even if I'm not a grat fan of OJ, it's still a professional rider, with riding skills far better than ours...
Anyway, nice paint scheme... I'll may try something near yours on my bike (red/matt black) or all red... can't made up my mind on the choice (not really a big fan of matt black (it looks dirty all the time)).
May your next ride be better than the previous....

·
Registered
774 Posts
Didi you hhave high resolution pics to put in the gallery ?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would want to see the high res if they exist also
No, just go it these screen captures from the video footage that was taken.
There's a small bit of this footage use on out Phillip Island doco...

what did he thought of your bike?
It was strange actually....I'd just returned to the pits after riding the ICR Honda 600RR, and OJ was standing there looking at the MV....he went on to say how it's the most beautiful bike in the world but he'd never actually ridden one.
I offered it to him for the next session, and he didn't hesitate. :)

His impressions of the bike were good...said the overall feel, grip and handling were nice.....but the throttle was too stiff compared to what he is use to, and the rear brake was crap....{I forgot to bleed it, as I dont use it at the track}

Out on track was funny....he was the instructor for the group riding around on my MV. ....but I think he was having too much fun and not tutoring very much.

The bike put a smile on his face...it was good to see a professional racer so down to earth and act like a true motorcycle enthusiast...

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
The bike put a smile on his face...it was good to see a professional racer so down to earth and act like a true motorcycle enthusiast...
That is nice! he appears to be a nice guy in TV interviews but I was wondering if he had good manner and not push your bike hard to the limit or did he destroy your tires? :) which I am sure he is perfectly capable of doing in a couple of laps.

Was he under contract with Kawasaki or any other motorcycle makers at that time? if so, I would be surprised that he got on your bike because I have seen big name pro racers being totally paranoid about that kind of stuff...

BTW, nice videos!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did he destroy your tires?
Na, he only did half a dozen laps and only the last few he picked up the pace a bit..

Was he under contract with Kawasaki or any other motorcycle makers at that time? if so, I would be surprised that he got on your bike because I have seen big name pro racers being totally paranoid about that kind of stuff...
He raced in the rain for Kawazaki not long after riding the MV. He took second place behind Rossi....we put it down to the inspiration he got from riding an F4 for the first time :toothless

The day he was riding the MV, he actually had no contract with any team, he was a free agent. You can see from the pics he's wearing his Moto GP Moriwaki leathers, the team he had just split with.
He rode the ICR Honda Fireblade as an instructor too....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts