MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, someone is actually offer me a mv agusta for sale, but he can't say me wich model/years is it, i have just a frame number, and it is writing on : 250 GT 654496 IGM 0662 .
Could you help me to know wich bike is it ?
Indeed some parts are missing (notably a lateral oil pan), and i want know if i can restore this.

Thanks a lot
Stéphane

·
Registered
183 Posts
Are those two MVs? They look to be in rather bad shape. Could take quite a bit of effort to restore, assumingmitmis salvageable. Have done any restorations in the past?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looks an expensive exercise, could be cheaper to find one running and already done.

·
Registered
576 Posts
No sorry Gitano it's not a Raid.

All Raid numbers did have '250' or indeed '300' in there numbers but not like that.

A Raid number was just 6 numbers with the first 3 didgits being it's capacity. ie' 250*** or 350***

This bike is a 125 or more likely a 150 GT. The '250' at the front is either a miss read (they can be hard to see and read on the headstock after all these years) or someones joke.

From that number i would guess about 1964.

If you look at the pictures it's obviously not a Raid which are a completley unique design as far as MV singles go.

Dorian.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Dorian, I don't know sh*t from shinola when it comes to these classic bikes (and don't know much about the newer ones either!), so I bow to your thoughts on this. From looking at the pictures above and some that I've found online, I can't make much out, so what features (other than the VIN details you provided) do you see that indicate it is not a Raid? Just trying to learn something here...:confused: Whatever it is, it does appear to be in rather rough shape!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hey Gitano, no worries these things can be very hard to tell apart.

Your right it does seem in a bit of a state, however i have seen worse brought back to life.

The Raid is MASSIVE in all respects compared to ALL other MV singles. The frame takes nearly 2 people to bloody lift! It was designed to be military proof so i suppose that makes sence.

Everything is 1.2 size if you see what i mean. The side panels are huge wrap around affairs which automaticaly tell you it's no other model.

Have a look at these two. One is a Raid the other the 150GT and see the difference. Trust me, if you tried to lift them you would notice the difference!!

Cheers.

Dorian.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I see now some of the differences, including the bezel on the headlight and the tank shape & paint scheme is consistent with the 150GT and not a Raid.

So what is this puppy worth?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts