MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note to guys riding up and down the Old Road , i was following a guy yesterday going south up the hill to PITS and i let him get ahead as he was quick in the straights but having trouble staying on his side of the road in the corners.Anyway i was behind him a coming out of a left and watched him have a head on with another bike going into the right,as he was over his lane pushing way to hard...not sure if it was a fatal but it didnt look good for both riders ...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Just a note to guys riding up and down the Old Road , i was following a guy yesterday going south up the hill to PITS and i let him get ahead as he was quick in the straights but having trouble staying on his side of the road in the corners.Anyway i was behind him a coming out of a left and watched him have a head on with another bike going into the right,as he was over his lane pushing way to hard...not sure if it was a fatal but it didnt look good for both riders ...
This is very sad:

1. A rider has caused an accident due to 'unsafe' (and stupidly dangerous) riding practice
2. The unsafe rider hurt another rider in the process :wtf: :thewife:

3. This accident will affect at least two families :bawling: :mad:

4. With another accident on the Old Road, the police will most likely continue to patrol this 'black spot area'...:banghead:

...I sincerely hope that everyone involved is OK...

·
Registered
344 Posts
i was in the group behind theseguys,hayabusha heading up,with a chick pillion on board,headin down was the trumpy 675r,young guy yep goin too hard,too wide,t boned the bussa,that hard it was sickening im still shakey,both riders were fucked,chick pillion,walking around somehow,riders heli vacced.i have pictures,post soon.

·
Registered
435 Posts
The poor guy took out two bikes Boof, the other being a Ducati, both rider and bike ended up over the side out of view. The guy on the white Busa is fairly well known around the traps. No fatalities I was told but all ended up in the North Shore Hilton, one being air lifted.
Another acco there today too, same place. Some guy lost it in ther shit on the road i heard. My mate passed by as the ambo was looking after the guy.
Now I hear that there was also a head on up the putty.
Getting a bit out of control i say......... too many egos on go-fast machines, best to give those roads a wide berth for a while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I miss the old road and pie in the sky having a shit coffee served with contempt but being able to perv on all the bikes....about 5 months ago a young 21yo on a blue f4 lost the front and slid across the road right in front of me I just missed him he was then stuck in between the guard rail and under his bike so a mate and i had to drag the bike out and then pick it off him he said he had had it for 2 weeks and that it was his first day out on it..his previous bike was a ninja 250!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was in the group behind theseguys,hayabusha heading up,with a chick pillion on board,headin down was the trumpy 675r,young guy yep goin too hard,too wide,t boned the bussa,that hard it was sickening im still shakey,both riders were fucked,chick pillion,walking around somehow,riders heli vacced.i have pictures,post soon.
Hey Boof were you coming down or up the hill? I missed seeing you? Anyway I heard someone lost there leg I'n the crash at the scene?? Mate my guts is still churning.
I've seen guys come off on the Track and come off on the Track too but when you see it on the road makes me feel sick

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Hey Boof were you coming down or up the hill? I missed seeing you? Anyway I heard someone lost there leg I'n the crash at the scene?? Mate my guts is still churning.
I've seen guys come off on the Track and come off on the Track too but when you see it on the road makes me feel sick
You don't hit anyone head on at the track....

Seems many cities have their designated "racetrack" in the mountains....the Old Road is obviously Sydney's...

Can't you boys book Eastern Creek and let it rip there instead...then just go for a cruze in the opposite direction to the Old Road ???

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You don't hit anyone head on at the track....

Seems many cities have their designated "racetrack" in the mountains....the Old Road is obviously Sydney's...

Can't you boys book Eastern Creek and let it rip there instead...then just go for a cruze in the opposite direction to the Old Road ???
Haha yeh at Phillip island I went the wrong way outta the pits... Haha
A lot of guys can't afford track days I guess and seeing we only have one track getting a spot is hard

·
Registered
305 Posts
I wont ride the old road on the weekend, too many idiots on pocket rockets who have the desire to be fast but lack the ability (maturity)... I don't think the girl pillion will be getting back on a bike anytime soon

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Old Road is a real race track and I don't like riding it on the weekends either.
I don't like having to pull out of Pie In The Sky to head back to Newcastle either, too risky pulling out on a bend.
Are they ever going to get the Road Warriors Cafe back in business? Much safer pulling out from there.
The only accident I've seen happen in front of me was a Harley rider rear ending his mate in front, no gloves on and was wearing a lot of rings so lost some fingers.
It happened south of Wollombi pub so we waited a long time for the ambulance to turn up.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Haha yeh at Phillip island I went the wrong way outta the pits... Haha
A lot of guys can't afford track days I guess and seeing we only have one track getting a spot is hard
LOL...no, seroiusly !!! funny

Book in advance...:yo:
If guys are rolling around on MV's, surely the odd trackday won't bust the budget ?
It's where your priorities lie I guess....

We have a road called Reefton Spur in the Melbouren area. Ludicrous amount of bends in a 23km span.
Many fatal head ons up there as well. After I watched my mate run wide into a 4WD, I havent been back to that public racetrack...

From what I've been told, the Old road sets a very similar scene ??
Be careful....go early morning if you can, avoid the newly biked up squids....public road scare the shit out of me, and I use to try to go as hard as the next guy on them ...

·
Registered
658 Posts
not just the Old road the Putty road there was fatal crash same weekend father and his son 10yr old pillion.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hitcho.
what bike was the guy riding?
Couldnt have been the accident with the white busa and the triumph - as that is not what happened.
the busa was heading up to PITS, the Triumph down to Mooney Mooney. The Triumph ran wide on a left hander, head on with the Busa.
How do I know - I was following the Triumph - he was part of an extended group of riders in our group. As I entered the left hander, there was a busa still moving towards me. Besides nearly hitting the busa, I was the 1st guy on the scene.
Busa rider was still unconcious when I got to him. His pillion and girlfriend remarkably was OK.
No leg lost, did have a terrible open wound which was his knee. these draggin jeans dont work. This is the guy on the Triumph. he ended up under the armco, two more meters, he would have been down a cliff.
Also no 3rd bike involved - the Ducati was my mate ahead of all of this.
Cops 1st on the scene - 40 minutes later. Ambulance not long after that. we left when the Ambulance got there, not sure about a helicoptor, unless they called for it after I left.
Boof - good to meet you, albeit under crap circumstances.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Sorry to hear about this.I wasn't there so I can't comment, but generally speaking I don't ride in large groups with different level of riding skills and when the red mist hits this is what happens.

That section of road is an 80km/h with 3 wide lanes of road, to end up at the armco, it would suggest that he was going at a high rate of speed.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
655 Posts
this stuff scares me....

If i want to lean my bike to the ground and go SUPER fast...I'll do it on the track!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts