MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing like a mid-week ride on the Old Road. Hardly another bike around, no cars and no constabulary. Clearly the plod don't come out as there's no one to book. The perks of no longer working and not having to wait for the weekend for a nice ride!

The Brute had been laid up at the shop (MW) for a few weeks, waiting for the battery manufacturer to accept liability for an acid leak on the magnesium swingarm. New gel battery was indeed defective, they finally relented and the swingarm was pulled down and resprayed. The boys took the opportunity to finetune the Microtec and it seems did a fine good job of it...finally.

Yesterday morning, straight from the shop at Mona Vale to the Old Road and Terrigal for coffee with a friend, then back home.

Firstly, fuel economy back to where it should be. 205 spirited km on a full tank and no red light as yet. Stable idle at 1.3k. Great instant throttle response. Smooth throttle throughout the rev range with glitches at 4k and 7k all but eliminated. Power delivery felt the best since I've had the bike. And it ran pretty cool, 70C on the go, up to 85C when stopped for a few minutes.

N.B. MIcrotec, Arrow headers and ti twin cans, with DB killer slashed by 75%.

Can't wait for the next ride.

M

·
Registered
988 Posts
Good stuff Mick :yo:

Good to hear you could prove the battery was defective :smoking:

:hitit: Microtec = :mouthwate performance

Keep riding week days, it sounds like the best way to keep one's licence :jsm:

·
Registered
332 Posts
was that you on the all black Brute? i got pulled over yesterday by the yellow hwy patrol car for a warning:blah::blah::jerkoff:

·
Registered
112 Posts
was that you on the all black Brute? i got pulled over yesterday by the yellow hwy patrol car for a warning:blah::blah::jerkoff:
I've heard from a friend in the force that, due to the industrial action, they are not handing out many tickets at the moment, just warnings......could be a good weekend for a ride!!*

Although knowing my luck I'd strike the only HWP not taking part and would get a fine anyway....:bash:

* Take that as a sign to go mental at your own risk as he also said that a life threatening situation would be treated differently....

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was that you on the all black Brute?
Quite possibly. Black Brute with an MV tank bag?
I was up the Old Road around noon/one and down again around three-ish.
Btw, Warriors looked like it was closed.
M

·
Registered
332 Posts
Quite possibly. Black Brute with an MV tank bag?
I was up the Old Road around noon/one and down again around three-ish.
Btw, Warriors looked like it was closed.
M
yeh road Warriors is closed down again..
yep it was you i was actually walking throught Terrigal and spotted you leaving..:f4:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeh road Warriors is closed down again..
yep it was you i was actually walking throught Terrigal and spotted you leaving..:f4:
Shame about Warriors.

And yes, it's a small world for us MV riders. Truth be told, they were a few people looking at the Brute (or startled by the exhaust noise)...

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good stuff Mick :yo:

Good to hear you could prove the battery was defective :smoking:

:hitit: Microtec = :mouthwate performance

Keep riding week days, it sounds like the best way to keep one's licence :jsm:
Thanks, Rob.
Credit where it's due, it was the boys at MWeaponry who got the battery mob to pay up. Photos were taken and the battery at fault had to be shipped to the factory for assessment

Mid-week riding is great, perhaps a bit lonely at times :laughing:

M

1 - 11 of 11 Posts