MV Agusta Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
I am still around, joined in 2006. I have still have my Tambo and 1090RR and check in occasionally. Good to see Alvin checking in again. I miss the MV meetings we used to have in Southern California, those were loads of fun. As many people have said, the forum isn't what it used to be since Alvin moved on.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I'm still here , pop in often but nothing happens much

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I'm around but the family takes most of my time, followed by the house. Less riding these days. When I do get a change to ride, my kid gets super excited when I fire up the bike.

One of these days I'll clean the garage and make a post giving away all my old MV parts collecting dust.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I ain't old dammit! :thewife:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I have it noted in my calendar (I assume you mean 2019)! Wanted to make an appearance this year but had a schedule conflict, unfortunately
Alvin, that'd be great if you can make it!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not sure what qualifies...but still in love with the brand and admire the core members who continue to support and drive this online community.

Get off my bike mister :grin2: New here myself and hope to be around for a long time. Having to wait for October delivery is hell. Lots of good info on here in the mean time.

·
Super Moderator
2,644 Posts
Get off my bike mister :grin2: New here myself and hope to be around for a long time. Having to wait for October delivery is hell. Lots of good info on here in the mean time.
LOL - Well it was such a nice fit @Irish.

Interesting ergonomics in case anyone is interested - I'm 5'9" (stocky build). It feels more like an aggressive 2018 800. You are pushed closer to the tank and the seat feels like it locks you in a little more. Not as roomy as Gen1/Gen2 B4's. Like the B3, you feel you sitting slightly higher on the bike and less 'in' the bike. The thing that struck me the most was the lack of the cone/dash in front of you, you feel far more open and exposed...BRUTALE !

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
I was wondering how many of the members who joined here in the early days of the forum are still active?

I know there are many:

Ed, Randy, Chuck, JDS, Erik, Joe,, Noel, Donsy to name just a few, but I recall a lot of guys who were posting back then (2005/6/7) who I don't see here now. We all know that sadly there are a few who have passed away. Lee whom this section of the forum is named after for one, Ian (macmivvi) too, but what about some of the others? Possibly like me, they no longer own an MV.

I've listed a few names I remember, I hope they are well and perhaps they do look in here from time to time as I do but not as often as in the past.

Rockethouse
Kamranmarashi
Reopropf
Tokyolunch
tont
Pigiolino
agusta01
dova80
There are many more, Tiago (MV-999R) I think is still posting from time to time.

If you are an old hand check in and let us know how you are. :smile2:
nice post John,
adding to that list;
Stephen Wood
Mikef4uk
Nice n Sleazy
a lot of UK members have left this forum which is a shame, even Alvin only pops his head in now and again,
I read a lot, of threads complaining of "new members" then look at the date these guys complaining joined, some of them long term guys were actually "newbies" themselves once
I remember the original mvagustaf4.com forum and when that forum went down, Alvin came up with this one
some take 4 or 5 years away from biking, whether due to family, injury, business or what ever but they always have that itch to return.
just a shame when they do return they are considered "Newbies", I myself am happy to be a newbie, as long as YOUNG in front of it, as its been a long time since someone called me young.

Reactions: john

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey John

Good thread you Silly Old Sod. :wink2:

I'd post on here more often if this forum wouldn't keep F**king me over with my log in password. A couple of months ago, something happened with the forum's log-in system and every time I tried to log onto the forum the computer said "No !".

The problem is still happening to date and I had to go through the malarkey of having to request a new password to post on John's thread.

I don't mind doing it a few times, as there's a good bunch of blokes on here and some threads are informative, but after having to request a new password to log onto the forum a million times, I think to myself... Bol**ks :frown2:

Anyway, enough bitching.

I miss the old crew and political sparring we used to have and I suppose you can't stop change.. I blame social media for making the World an over sensitive bunch of snow flakes. :wink2:

Just want to wish the Old & The New Clan a Happy Christmas and a peaceful 2019.

Take care everyone and hugs & kisses to you all.

J
JDS:grin2::grin2:

You mean you dont use the "Advanced Search" to find your password:thewife::thewife:

how you doing fella, haven't had a message from you in a while, thats me fully retired now, you need to get back to this forum, I get called YOUNG here, aswell as a pile of other things :grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
JDS:grin2::grin2:

You mean you dont use the "Advanced Search" to find your password:thewife::thewife:

how you doing fella, haven't had a message from you in a while, thats me fully retired now, you need to get back to this forum, I get called YOUNG here, aswell as a pile of other things :grin2::grin2::grin2:
Which means that you are one of the older members that can't find your login or password either?

And calling you young would be an exageration on itself. And no I did not use the search to find that out. There is more than search on this forum. You can actually look on someone profile :grin2:

Reactions: SAROY

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
nice post John,
adding to that list;
Stephen Wood
Mikef4uk
Nice n Sleazy
a lot of UK members have left this forum which is a shame, even Alvin only pops his head in now and again,
I read a lot, of threads complaining of "new members" then look at the date these guys complaining joined, some of them long term guys were actually "newbies" themselves once
Mike (f4uk) is a regular on the 'Priller AF1 forum, he went over to the dark side several years ago and has a nice little 'collection' including a Tuono V4 Factory, a Yamaha R1M and he recently acquired a Kawasaki H2 triple.

I thought Stephen did drop in here from time to time (a bit like me) but perhaps I've got that wrong?

Reactions: SAROY

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm a newbie I guess with being here 7 years.

My account got wiped due to inactivity. I'm back in love with riding the MV mainly because I don't have to ride an hour an a half each way to ride her.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
On from the beginning on Greenspun before that....

Reactions: john

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
41 - 60 of 91 Posts