MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering how many of the members who joined here in the early days of the forum are still active?

I know there are many:

Ed, Randy, Chuck, JDS, Erik, Joe,, Noel, Donsy to name just a few, but I recall a lot of guys who were posting back then (2005/6/7) who I don't see here now. We all know that sadly there are a few who have passed away. Lee whom this section of the forum is named after for one, Ian (macmivvi) too, but what about some of the others? Possibly like me, they no longer own an MV.

I've listed a few names I remember, I hope they are well and perhaps they do look in here from time to time as I do but not as often as in the past.

Rockethouse
Kamranmarashi
Reopropf
Tokyolunch
tont
Pigiolino
agusta01
dova80
There are many more, Tiago (MV-999R) I think is still posting from time to time.

If you are an old hand check in and let us know how you are. :smile2:

·
Registered
3,431 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I joined in '07 and, since I have been riding since age 17, I have not moved on with my life. This IS my life.

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
?

John;
Colin, Tokyolunch, posted in the last month or so
Tiago, and I PM when he needs things and to say hello
Carl, CAG......and I text and are on the phone
Microshaft fucked Skype up.....they won't let me call Ade

Be well everyone :grin2:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I joined in 2007

F4 750 1+1.
F3 675 First one ordered in Scotland.
Phil Read minibike, original from MV race team.

I totally forgot about the Greenspun website it was full of information as well.

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
I joined in 06. Still post on here, but it has changed. Miss the banter that the old members use to have.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
. . . Miss the banter that the old members use to have.
I think that might be common with many forums.

I spend time on a few, particularly Honda, and I see many come and go after having a problem solved (which is not new of course) but also, I think many migrate to Facebook sites (why FFS?) where there might be more interaction, but much of it via non-owners and wishful thinkers.

Both this and the UK Honda 1000RR forum have a long members' list, but perhaps fewer than a dozen post on a regular basis. I don't criticise that of course, merely only point out an observation.:smile2:

·
Super Moderator
22,648 Posts
October 21, 2016...

Go to TOOLS>MEMBERS LIST and you can find out lots of information.

Colin, for instance, hasn't been on in more than two years.....

1.JPG

·
Administrator
20,396 Posts
I wonder where Odonato is......

·
2,156 Posts
Guys (and Girls) there are a number of us old troops that started with MV Madness and the Skipper way back when however Facebook is the new realm and unfortunately you just cant ignore that, however we still come back to visit and check out whats happening in the real world !!!!:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm

·
Super Moderator
22,648 Posts
The :jsm::jsm::jsm: King has returned! :smoking:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wonder where Odonato is......
I'm friends with Ben on Facebook, he always seems to be busy with the Orchestra, teaching or playing. One of my greatest friends on here, we managed to catch up with him in LA a few years back. Top guy.

Reactions: esq'z me

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
I only have the forum since I won't do Facebook, so it's good to have the "old" people come back once in a while

1 - 20 of 91 Posts