MV Agusta Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
My TV was a demo/shop bike (hence low price), so it already had 3100 miles on it. I've found a few curious bits and niggles here and there, but it was properly maintained and software updated by the foremost MV dealer in the north state. Though, the chain could do with a good lube. It squeaks as it travels through the rubber chain guide in the swingarm.

As far as the coolant goes, my F4 does the same thing and I think all MVs do it? Just marking their territory is all. Haha

The rear brake on my F4 750S didn't work for beans, my 312's rear brake works decently, and yeah, I'm glad the rear works on the TV so I can maintain my trail braking in the sweepers.

I'm debating getting a slip-on, but not sure just yet as I kinda like how it doesn't wake up the neighborhood. This TV is my 16th motorcycle and the majority have had exhausts fitted ranging from insanely loud (Bodis on the 312, holy moly) to just adding a bit more burble. Kinda nice to just have a bit of quiet for a while and the stock cans actually look pretty nifty.

I don't think tire pressure has anything to do with the low-speed "wobble" because it isn't really so much of a wobble as it is light steering. I just need to work on my low-speed turn smoothness because the TV doesn't have a cheater bar (dampener) like the F4, not to mention the vastly different geometry of the bikes. It's part getting use to the throttle and clutch, and part getting used to how the bike handles its weight. I've been running lower pressures for many many years as I tend to get the tires nice and hot in the turns, not to mention high ambient temps and road surface temps. Reduced pressure means larger contact patch which means more lateral grip. If I take a passenger, I'll likely throw a few more PSI in the rear, but for just me, those pressures are perfect and have worked on a range of bikes and tires.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I suspect the coolant thing is a "feature." The QD pipes aren't that much louder than stock but I prefer the tone and look more than stock. Ymmv.

It is a light handling bike, totally different than the F3 that I test rode some time back. My other bike is an R1200GS and the two bikes have very different temperaments. The TV "dances" while the GS "carves" turns.

Riding 2-up, the two bikes are pretty different as well. 200 miles on the GS 2-up is like going around the block. 200 miles on the TV 2-up is a lot of work for both of us.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I suspect the coolant thing is a "feature." The QD pipes aren't that much louder than stock but I prefer the tone and look more than stock. Ymmv.

It is a light handling bike, totally different than the F3 that I test rode some time back. My other bike is an R1200GS and the two bikes have very different temperaments. The TV "dances" while the GS "carves" turns.

Riding 2-up, the two bikes are pretty different as well. 200 miles on the GS 2-up is like going around the block. 200 miles on the TV 2-up is a lot of work for both of us.
I may have to look into the QD pipes. There are a few designs that I really like, so I'll have to make a decision. Haha

Yeah, I'm not planning on doing any long distance stuff. Probably just to the coast or a nice loop through the mountains. If I'm going a fair distance, I'll just take the Tahoe.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts