·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
fender is obviously not oem...lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
250 or 350 Benelli single sold by the American company Ward Riverside.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Engine says "HS 300"

some more info, headlight says "01822"
FLLipagani

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sure looks like a Wards Riverside tank used on numerous benelli's to me. The two we have are the 125 or 175cc two stroke versions, but very similar otherwise. That seat could be off a BSA victor 441 though. The M over the W on the side of the engine stands for Montgomery Wards. They are cute little tiddlers.

Toby

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am scouring the net for info on this bike, I really like it. But can not verify year or what it is supposed to look like~!?

I think the shocks are not factory either.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So after comparing pics, I think it is a 1966.

Now I just don't know to restore it or not.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Tons of cheap new parts for these on eBay. They sold heaps of these bikes. Don't put a ton of $$ in it because nice ones are still around for less than the cost of restoring one. Just have fun with it. The frames are good and the motors too. The front forks are super cheaply made and don't work real well. Brakes and wheels are near interchangeable w Ducatis of the same age.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hulagun, THANKS for the info. I found out something awesome from "John" I met in Virginia. I bought a prt from him off ebay today, we went over the bike over the phone, this is a very rare Benelli. It is a 350. Pretty rare.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hulagun, THANKS for the info. I found out something awesome from "John" I met in Virginia. I bought a prt from him off ebay today, we went over the bike over the phone, this is a very rare Benelli. It is a 350. Pretty rare.
I never heard of the 350 but do recall a model called a Mojave 360 that was a pretty good looking bike IMHO. I believe they vibrated pretty good compared to the 250 versions which are usually what you find out there. There is a Micapeak Benelli-Motobi List I belong to, you should join, those guys will know more about your bike. I'm more of an MV and Motobi guy.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I bought this off my uncle. I have no idea what it is.
In the photo you posted those bicycle chainrings look like pre war Colson. Any chance he has the rest of those bikes? Some of those Colson streamlined bicycles were really stylish.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He had almost every pre war colson bike in that buidling in the background. He sold them all because the other collectors were elitests and just not very friendly in general, sad it pushed him out of it after amassing a million dollar collection.

·
Registered
276 Posts
He had almost every pre war colson bike in that buidling in the background. He sold them all because the other collectors were elitests and just not very friendly in general, sad it pushed him out of it after amassing a million dollar collection.
Bummer! Hopefully your friend got some enjoyment out of building his collection, anyway. There's a lot of psychology around why collectors collect, and how our egos get mixed up with stuff we acquire. Years ago I sold off my 25 antique bicycles (and my Harley), and went motorcycle racing. I found motorcycle racers to be helpful, friendly, and happy.. most of my friends now are racers or former racers. The thing about racing or similar competition is that respect comes from deeds, not from words or from 'things'!
:friday:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mvrick, about the picture in post #10, I asked a good friend of mine that knows way more than I do, and here is what he said:

"Pretty sure it's a mid 60's Benelli, my guess is a 350 cc because of the head fins indent to the spark plug. The 250's were full oval.

The big giveaway is the curved rear Frame and that Gas Tank. all italian (and Spanish) bikes had the round roll-on centerstands. The shocks are Girlings (I know, I gott'em on my SuperHawk, and that front fender is an abomination from a dirt bike."

I hope this helps!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts