MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, please advise. My 1078 just got the full MV Corse system with the Dynojet PC, it starts and runs fine, all is good. But, there is no port on the new MV exhaust for the stock o2 sensor so it is zip-tied to the frame. Does a port need to be welded in the exhaust for it? Just remove it? The red service light is on, I assume the sensor is the issue. Is it even needed anymore? Trying to fix it soon so hope someone has done this before. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Yeah

Ok, please advise. My 1078 just got the full MV Corse system with the Dynojet PC, it starts and runs fine, all is good. But, there is no port on the new MV exhaust for the stock o2 sensor so it is zip-tied to the frame. Does a port need to be welded in the exhaust for it? Just remove it? The red service light is on, I assume the sensor is the issue. Is it even needed anymore? Trying to fix it soon so hope someone has done this before. Thanks.
And just the other day you were swearing at me and telling me about your mates who know all about MV's....etc.
I would suggest a search in the ......whatever section, but I will try and help you anyway.
You either have to get a bung welded into you new midpipe - http://store.proitalia.com/weld-in-o2-sensor-bung-p-152736.html?cPath=2420029_210, or you have to get the little cheater plug for the sensor http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agusta_Exhausts/O2_Sensor_Eliminator

You can not just leave it dangling as the ECU goes into failsafe mode.

Good luck.

PS. My choice would have been to get a Microtec ECU and throw that PC in the bin, but hey, what do I know.

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
Weld the bung in the mid-pipe (not very expensive).....or get the "Kit" ECU from MV (recommended) or get a MicroTech (recommended).

Unless the Marelli ECU has been changed, you can't just put a fixed resistance in place of the 02 sensor, as the ECU will detect no variance in signal and think the sensor is bad. (This is why the PC III with DynoJets 02 eliminator wouldn't work properly on Ducatis and MVs)...Haven't looked at Design Corse's 02 eliminator to see how it works. Maybe the PC V has taken care of this.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Omg Donsy, I have more than one friend. The guy putting the system on isn't the one that told me the full system is better. Who won that argument anyway? I could have made phone calls or come on here, I chose here, dude u seem to unintentionally annoy everyone on here, let's just focus on what I asked shall we?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, bung is being welded in mid-pipe. Hopefully problem solved.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Omg Donsy, I have more than one friend. The guy putting the system on isn't the one that told me the full system is better. Who won that argument anyway? I could have made phone calls or come on here, I chose here, dude u seem to unintentionally annoy everyone on here, let's just focus on what I asked shall we?

Dons is one of the nicest, helpful members on this site.
To call him annoying, is annoying to me.:wtf:

·
Vendor
5,407 Posts
I have the F4 1078 with the Bodis system and the Arrow race ECU.My O2 sensor is removed and a cheater plug.I would be looking for another ECU if I were you as the original is non adjustable,then you dont have to worry about the O2 sensor and fuelling is adjustable,just my thoughts.By the way I am a Donsy fan also,his advice is precious.Sorry about mentioning a F4 in the Brutale section,Noel is going to kill me for this Lol.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since I don't really care who likes him and who doesn't I'll not waste my time pasting past conversations where he has pissed people off and then had to apologise for annoying comments. I didn't ask for his input, I was asking a question, not for criticism on what my guys do or don't know or for a useful suggestion like throwing a brand new PC in the trash. I'm on here asking for tips and suggestions, if you want him to be your boyfriend then go out back and have a go with each other. Enjoy. I will install the O2 and see what happens. I can adjust the PC as needed or get the autotune if needed. I'm going to try this route before I start shopping for an ecu.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everyone else who made useful comments.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Wow!

You should have ended your comments with, "I am at peace with my god" - Herman Cain. Invoking emotion is a guaranteed way to solidify your statement and leave no doubt that you are 100% right.

Since I don't really care who likes him and who doesn't I'll not waste my time pasting past conversations where he has pissed people off and then had to apologise for annoying comments. I didn't ask for his input, I was asking a question, not for criticism on what my guys do or don't know or for a useful suggestion like throwing a brand new PC in the trash. I'm on here asking for tips and suggestions, if you want him to be your boyfriend then go out back and have a go with each other. Enjoy. I will install the O2 and see what happens. I can adjust the PC as needed or get the autotune if needed. I'm going to try this route before I start shopping for an ecu.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Your funny mate, arrogant, but still funny. Key word here I think is apologise for when you are wrong or in doubt and made a mistake.

I know of a few guys that just go quiet when they made a mistake and then sneak back on a couple of weeks later, please feel free if there is instance where you think I should say sorry again to help you get over yourself.

I am intelligent enough to realise that I don't know everything about these bikes, and probably ask too many questions, but since I am going into my third year of racing my MV, that is all I can do to gather knowledge.
I don't have a local mate to go speak to, this forum is my only help, and sometimes a guy come's along who needs help, then I will try to help, even if it is just so that I can learn more about the same subject.
Everything I know I have either leart from someone on the forum, or picked up the hard way, sometimes I'm wrong, sometimes I just back off to keep the piece, you can decide which applies to which.

As for you feeling I annoy EVERYONE on here, I can't let Noel be the only annoying bloke on here, so I will try harder in the future.

As for annoying YOU mate.
I asked you a question in relation to the pipes, because I really needed to know, you still have not proved your statement to be true or false, but instead of just saying you think this to be the case because that is what you were told, you had to have a fitt about it.
Sorry but I did not see the sign that said you were not to be asked any questions in return.

PS. I did not say you have to throw your PC in the bin, I did exactly that, but if I had listened to the experienced guys like The_Castle in the first place, I would have saved my money right from the start for a Microtec ECU as I now know it is in a much higher league compared to anything PC has on offer.

It's hard to admit that you bought first, but should have looked around a bit more first, a bit like that exhaust you bought for racing when there are pipes available which are more suited for the task, and a lot cheaper to replace if you should hit the deck.

Anyway, good luck with that, and keep your eyes peeled as I'm going to be a lot more annoying over the next 6 weeks.
I am dead keen to see you race your way to the podium on the Brutale, make sure you keep us in the picture, if not to annoy me then at least to all the other guys in your fan club.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
You either have to get a bung welded into you new midpipe - http://store.proitalia.com/weld-in-o2-sensor-bung-p-152736.html?cPath=2420029_210, or you have to get the little cheater plug for the sensor http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agusta_Exhausts/O2_Sensor_Eliminator

You can not just leave it dangling as the ECU goes into failsafe mode.

Good luck.
Thanks to everyone else who made useful comments.
Is that for me , thanks mate :)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it seems my sense of humor is falling on deaf eyes. I have researched more than any obsessive compulsive person should. I am fine with my chosen set up. I'm not racing anything, I don't want to. I am setting it up for track days and taking it around the U.S. in search of the curviest roads I can find. I wasn't asking if my set-up was the best, just what to do with the stupid sensor. Half the arguments I have is for mere amusement because people think I am serious. I want the bike to run as God intended. Since there are none in IN and I have only seen 2 other F4's at the GP here in Indy, I ask and learn on here as well. Yes I have some pretty knowledgable dudes to ask if things get serious but I mainly just goof off, ride wheelies and break speed limits around town.
I cannot find a dyno sheet with my setup so I'll do one. Then search for one w a short system, with the same bike, if that exists. We'll see then, but you know what? I don't care, I like my set up, I do want it to be as good as it can be but I'm not changing out a 4k system for a 1k.
I don't ride to impress anyone, I ride to have fun and terrorize people. I ride alone or with groups, if people can't keep up, they get left. There are only a handful of guys in the Indy area that truly ride fast. Most guys park their rides and stand by them around here. I already have the most unique bike but I make sure if they want to see it, they better keep up. I am far from the fastest but I sure as hell make a go of it. We have an unofficial club here called "Church of Speed" where we ride on Sunday mornings. All people, all bikes are welcome, we require gear and keep up. That's it. I park and chat on occasion, who deosn't? but that's all lots do. Especially the jag-offs on the stretched out busa's. We just ride, that's it. If I'm racing, it's for fun on a track or from the cops.
And in the future, take about 20% of what I say seriously.

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
ECUs?.....MicroTec

the bung should be welded on as close to the exhaust port as possible to minimize the effects of reversion

the PClll is a waste of time, what the bike needs is a new ignition curve

the factory Kit Race ECU eliminates the need for the 02 sensor but doesn't fix the ignition curve issue

the best thing going is the MicroTec period!
i tried the Kit Race ECU didn't impress me at all

the MicroTec just plain works and you can change everything
it comes with areal ignition map too:stickpoke

what you'll need to 'see' A/F in real time, a digital lambda meter
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/turbo/afmlc.gif
you want to mount the 02 sensor in the #1 or 4 headpipes (in case you have an EBS valve)

lambda meter just work......approaching 100,000 mi watching one
i have NEVER seen a Factory or posted PClll fuel map that was even worth loading:jerkoff:

trust me MV doesn't have a clue:bash:

save you're self a lot of time and money.....get a MicroTec

oh and i don't put my bikes on a dyno. fueling the top end is easy, its part throttle and the transitions that make for a smooth running bike:drummer:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's the pc v, and the map they have is from tuning a bike like mine with the same exhaust system. I have heard microtech is good, have no doubt, but is silly expensive. And I don't know anyone here who has used them. So I went with what I thought worked. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
It's the pc v, and the map they have is from tuning a bike like mine with the same exhaust system. I have heard microtech is good, have no doubt, but is silly expensive. And I don't know anyone here who has used them. So I went with what I thought worked. Thanks for the advice.
ok this is the go if you can do it,this is all up to you,first buy the race ecu and pc5.install both,the race ecu will disable the lambda sensor,so now you can get smooth throttle response from 0 throttle all the way to wot.otherwise the first 20% throttle is not mapped on the pc5.now when you have done this you can drill your hole or just get rid of the sensor.second thing on the list go and have your throttle bodies calibrated and idle adjusted to around 1350 rpm with the fans not coming on because when they kick in it will drop to about 1250 rpm.when you have done all this in these steps,then chuck the beauty on a dyno.you will have the most smoothest bike in town.ps I know very little about the microtec,other people on here have more knowledge. all the best
cheers eddy:popcorn:

ps the maps on the power commander site are crap.plus you will save shit loads of money with a proper dyno.you mileage will be crap loads better.
do not get ripped of on the throttle body sync, as i was quoted 160 dollars ,but then he only charged me 30 dollars took him 15 minutes to do it.very easy to do on these bikes

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
Hey Jason...is that your girl friend or wife in the avatar??? Just curios as she looks pretty good to an old geezer like me, so many guys put up pics that look young enough to be my daughter...yours looks a bit more experienced.....and hot.

Oh, yeah...we were arguing about 02 sensors and ECUs....I forgot.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hey Jason...is that your girl friend or wife in the avatar??? Just curios as she looks pretty good to an old geezer like me, so many guys put up pics that look young enough to be my daughter...yours looks a bit more experienced.....and hot.

Oh, yeah...we were arguing about 02 sensors and ECUs....I forgot.

I like yours better, who is she? Seems like she was in a western I saw.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts