MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

Just need your helps, have had problems with oil leakages for quite sometime and have searched through the forums how to rectify the problem by removing the oil sump and redoing sealing.

Got Toyota silicone liquid gasket to use and then taken steps to remove oil sump and have undone about 14 bolts that holds the oil sump and as well removed sidestep and rear brake pedal/cylinder, also undone header bolts. After all the oil sump still intact, taped with rubber hammer, still no movement. Have i forgot something to do here? then what should I do/try next to remove the sump?

Cheers,
Amir

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not sure if the sump on the 1078 is the same as my 910S but I've attached a couple of pictures that may help. The fastener that you may have forgotten is the one in the centre, the 910 sump is also located by two dowels that may make it a little tight to drop. I manufactured 4 threaded 'guide pins' to locate the sump on replacement. I also used Toyota liquid gasket and once its on the sump the guide pins helped to get the sump up square and nicely aligned first time. Worked a treat, no more leaks.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You Sundodger,

You are right, I missed the centre fastener, its hard to see under midpipe. however managed to undo the bolt and the pan just dropped, but I should I have removed the midpipe before sliding out the oil sump, I think I cheeped a bit off the black plastic oil filter part when I tried to sliding it out, so have to see how to attach it back into it. thanks again for your time.

Cheers,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts