MV Agusta Forum banner

Oil splatter marks on the inside of my windscreen.

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  mv2envy 
#1 ·
There a few droplets of an oily fluid on the center inside portion of my windscreen. It's happened before and the cause was a defective steering damper which was replaced under warranty.

I did check the damper earlier and there no signs of leakage. It was only set 6 clicks from soft. Also, when I parked today, I did notice a smell of coolant and the bike has been feeling and running slightly hotter. So, I'll check if it's a coolant leak.

But does anyone else have any other advice?

#2 ·
My guess is coolant too Allan but I'd check the covers on your front brake and clutch levers as well. :)

#9 ·
allan, i really hope its not brake/clutch fluid, i had that happen to my old kawi before i went with a brembo brake master, and the brake fluid damaged the side dash covers, brake fluid melts or at the least damages any plastic it touches, good thing i had the carbons on order.

#10 ·
MV-999R said:
Brake fluid?
That's what I was going to say until I saw the pics. That's gotta be coolant. I don't know what else would drip down the front like that.

I routinely fade my brakes, and apparently I got it hot enough to spray out of the lid once. Now I keep the fluid on the lower line and I don't have any problems.

And I have some nice marks on the windscreen now where the fluid hit it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.