MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Thats'a pretty comprehensive list of torque settings, please let me know if you can't download that and I'll try another was of listing it.

·
Registered
14,489 Posts
torque?

Turbo329

Page B-83 the engine manual....
on the bottom of the motor all M8 bolts get 25Nm
the M6 ones 10Nm

hope that helps:drummer:

:f4::brutale:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

I think I'm due for an oil pan gasket swap. I have a slight leak. I tightened the bolts but there was residue when I checked yesterday.

Bike is 6 years old so I guess it's time.

·
Registered
14,489 Posts
gasket?

Turbo329;
drain the oil, wipe the pan and gasket down with acetone or lacquer thinner
apply a thin coat of RTV silicone gasket maker to the mating surface of the pan, put the gasket on the pan, apply a coat to it.
now wipe the bottom of the motor with the acetone or lacquer thinner,
mount the pan/gasket and tighten the bolts to spec
i usually put 2 guide studs in to make alignment easier :drummer:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turbo329;
drain the oil, wipe the pan and gasket down with acetone or lacquer thinner
apply a thin coat of RTV silicone gasket maker to the mating surface of the pan, put the gasket on the pan, apply a coat to it.
now wipe the bottom of the motor with the acetone or lacquer thinner,
mount the pan/gasket and tighten the bolts to spec
i usually put 2 guide studs in to make alignment easier :drummer:

Thanks Noel.

I'm about to pick one of these up. Is there a header gasket that I need to buy too since the headers need to come off?

My leak got really bad so I used some high temp RTV silicone to plug the hole in the meantime. Looks like I stopped it for the time being but I don't know for how long. The oil was coming from a really small hole in the gasket. Really small.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

Thanks Noel.

I'm about to pick one of these up. Is there a header gasket that I need to buy too since the headers need to come off?

My leak got really bad so I used some high temp RTV silicone to plug the hole in the meantime. Looks like I stopped it for the time being but I don't know for how long. The oil was coming from a really small hole in the gasket. Really small.
You should be okay with the headers Turbs, the gasket's don't usually come out with the pipes and I have never changed mine. They are just copper/alley gaskets, look like big washers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Guys
I am a new member here from Norway. Ive got some serious problem with my Mvagusta F4 1000 S 2006.
The bike startes wery nice when cold,but when the engine gets 60 degree one of the cylider may shut of.
I have shanged every plugs and every plugcables. we want to shange both coils tomorrow. The bike have been at the fuc.....n garage at 6 weecks now. Can someone please help me. This is a early 2006 with seperate coils behind the cylinders I am desperate. Can some one solve these problems for me.
mvh Erling

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Guys
I am a new member here from Norway. Ive got some serious problem with my Mvagusta F4 1000 S 2006.
The bike startes wery nice when cold,but when the engine gets 60 degree one of the cylider may shut of.
I have shanged every plugs and every plugcables. we want to shange both coils tomorrow. The bike have been at the fuc.....n garage at 6 weecks now. Can someone please help me. This is a early 2006 with seperate coils behind the cylinders I am desperate. Can some one solve these problems for me.
mvh Erling
Replace your EBS Relay.

Part No. 8000A3729

Welcome to the forum

Next time, you'll have even better exposure for your issue by starting your own thread

1 - 12 of 12 Posts