MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Looks like it was kicked up from the road. That is right in the area where the tire will kick things up.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
check around the shock for oil perhaps with a tissue then wash with soap and water. if it stays away it was road crap and be happy you didn`t slip in it.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I can't see really well, but make damn sure that isn't acid coming out of the battery. I'm pretty sure it isn't, but it's worth a look. It wouldn't be the first time a battery has exploded on an MV swingarm.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys thanks for the responses...sorry the photos aren't any better but I had to take them with my phone. There was oil inside the gap and around the insert (gas) part of the shock but it was not clearish it was darker more of a brown...Ill give the shock a good clean (did it quickly when I cleaned the swingarm) and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Thats really weird, its not flicked on like from rotation at speed, more dripped on...
Hope its not that battery acid as mentioned!! Let us know the outcome..

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Looks like it has maybe come from the engine, and been blown back along the frame and finally dripped off the rear subframe?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Is it possible that it's coming from the rear brake reservoir?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
To add to the many excellent suggestions I have also heard, possibly oil from the sump, or maybe from the air filter (turns out this would lead to leakage nearer to the front) or possibly is it friend with a sense of humor :stickpoke :laughing: but the one I'm thinking is most likely is that it is oil from the shock...firstly, I was told that if it leaked from the shock then it would have lost all of it's oil and it would be only the spring that is functioning which sounded reasonable but then.....and this is what I'm thinking/hoping it might be (as I need to find an answer for my piece of mind)...that it is indeed the shock oil but it only leaked when the oil was thin, while the temp was up and under load...sounds plausible to me and I'll be testing it out tomoorow or the next day but I'd like to hear what you guys think of this scenario.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts