MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, can't find anything in manual on this. I have a slow drip of oil coming from this thing next to the oil filter.

The black cylinder thing were the oil lines run through. Not real mechanic savy hear.

Could any of you knowledgeable guys tell me what this is and does it need replacing to stop this very slow leek???

really appreciate any help,

Phil
Oklahoma, USA

Attachments

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
leaky bitch?

Phil;
the heat exchanger is leaking.....

remove the safety and torque the center bolt to the correct value......what ever that is?????

p.L11 of the service manual

"For the removal and overhaul of this part consult chapter 'Engine'":wtf:

really geniuses?????

there is no "chapter Engine":wtf::wtf::wtf:

and it isn't in the Engine Manual either:wtf:

and i went through Section N, 'Torque Values' in the service manual and didn't find it either (the up to 312RR version):wtf::wtf:

Phil....i'd just snug it up and remount the safety

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
What he said

This come's up quite often Phil, and my own bike used to do it also, as a matter of fact, the 312R I'm struggling with at the moment did the same thing.
If you use a strong screwdriver the pry the spring clip of and slighty out of the way, you can get a spanner in between #3 and #4 exhaust pipes, just enough to pull up on it. I just pul up till it's tight again, not much most of the time, and that sort's it out every time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Knurl and Donsy, you guys are awesome. Glad to hear its a simple fix, just had fork seals done and was hoping to be spared another bill.
8,000 miles on the 2007 F4 and no big issues yet, pretty happy with it. Thanks again,

phil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts