MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Brutale 910S. Have noticed a small oil leak. Tracked it back to an opening right behind the kick stand assembly at the very top of the belly pan. The opening faces down and allows the oil to slowly run down the belly pan to the drain bolt where it then drips to the floor. It's not threaded and seems to be where the fresh oil is coming from at a very slow pace. I have not heard of an overflow port for oil levels. Oil level indicator is near the top line but not touching or above the top line when turned off.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Sean

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Missing bolt

It's a very well documented thing mate.
The opening is a missing bolt, the sump won't be threaded but the motor is.
Remove one of the other sump bolts to get the size, and then torque them all up.

Most of the time this will stop the leak, although often the sump gasket might be damaged and you have to replace it.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Here you go Sean

Sorry about the bad pic, in a bit of a hurry atm.
As you can see the sidestand is removed, and behind that you can see the sump bolts.
Is it one of these you are missing ?

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, middle one is missing. I'll pull one of the others and see if I can find a replacement.
Thanks for the help.
Sean

·
Registered
967 Posts
Great response from Donsy, gotta love this forum. While you are poking around in the area check that the sump/pan gasket is still aligned properly as it can sometimes deform if a few of the sump bolts are loose, happened with mine and after realigning gasket and torqueing up bolts has been oil tight for years.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep have to agree on the great advice, pictures included, awesome knowledge base. Thanks for the tips on the gasket. Found a bolt that fit, same length, etc. will let it sit over night and see if the drips are gone.

Thanks
Sean

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
The MV's are not bikes you'd want to sit on (both feet on pegs) with the side stand down nor spin around in the garage using the same. Hope this resolves the leak.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Mcmaster carr is a great source in the US for just about any metric fastener you could use, if you have a problem getting the bolt from a dealer.

Yep have to agree on the great advice, pictures included, awesome knowledge base. Thanks for the tips on the gasket. Found a bolt that fit, same length, etc. will let it sit over night and see if the drips are gone.

Thanks
Sean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts