MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, so Ive been trying to figure out where the very slow oill leak my bike has is coming from. Been cleaning and checking often. Figured it would be the oil pan (sump) gasket as is usually what leaks near the kickstand, (and it still might be) but I did notice oil running down the gear shift rod/shaft seal (the part that the shift lever attaches to)

Anyone have experience replacing this seal? Part number? Proper name for the part?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Here you go

Oh you are terrible, hope you have the right one Joe.
This one is easy to change and I imagine you'd be able to pick it up from any spares parts shop.
Remove gearlever and carefully extract seal with a seal pick or strong sharp object.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dons, I already ordered it from ferrecci. But the problem is, the 2 gaskets on that same page you pictured (though you can only see the bottom one in your pic, its marked GR), are both leaking also. A very slow leak, but it leaks.

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
I'll have a look later Joe, I'm off to the track now, but the gasket in my picture is for the cover over the gear selector spring area, easy to re-seal, carefull, those three screws are like cheese.
The part numbers are in the Parts list which you can download from my website.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've already ordered all the parts. Changing them out is another story.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Already been pinpointed, and I'm not happy about it mate. Noel told me the same thing. And this whole time I thought it was my oil pan gasket leaking like everyone els. Kinda wish it still was the oil pan gasket.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh I don't think Im going to tackle it. Ill wait for the leak to become a bit more significant before tearing her apart like that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Any updates on your leaking issue and solution?

QUOTE="mv2envy, post: 1096553, member: 4176"]
Oh I don't think Im going to tackle it. Ill wait for the leak to become a bit more significant before tearing her apart like that.
[/QUOTE]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts