MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this isn't really something I need help with, I'm just venting. Took the MV to the gym yesterday after it had been sitting for two weeks.
It has been on a tender the whole time but the battery was extremely weak, barely started as I was leaving the gym. I figure ok fine the battery needs to be replaced, no big deal. Walked into the garage the next morning to find over a quart of oil on the floor and soaking the lower fairings. oil pan gasket is trashed!! and to add insult to injury, it is on back order with MV so I cant even replace it. I bought this bike with roughly 19.5k miles and she now has 19.9k. In that time, oil adduction tube seal has leaked, valve cover gasket leaked, and now the oil pan. and yes I went thru the oil pan bolts and set them all to the correct torque values. they were loose but the bike is still leaking.

Italian bikes are a sickness, I am definitely in the hate part of the love/hate relationship

Somebody please tell me that there's light at the end of the tunnel with this thing. one more issue with it and this bike is gone!!!!:thewife:

·
Super Moderator
7,374 Posts
I've just received two sump gaskets in New Zealand from Moto Forza in California late last week. They have them in stock. They are just under 19 USD each (ask about their reduced price which is a 40% reduction on RRP).

I installed a new gasket over this weekend on a 312R that has 37,000 kilometres on it. Problem solved.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys, I tried to order the sump gasket from pro italia and they told me its back ordered. I'll definitely have to call moto forza.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Donsy do you just use gasket sealer to keep it from leaking?

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Donsy do you just use gasket sealer to keep it from leaking?
Yup, but keep in mind, I don't have a side stand, which is the biggest culprit in this equation. The side stand bolts straight onto the sump, so if you sit on the bike with the stand down, you cause a lot of flex, and this moves the gasket out of position, this might happen with any sealer too.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Called Moto Forza and they had 4 of the gaskets in stock, all is rightish with the world again. Still have to find time to replace it.

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Mv

Micah;

my '08 910R is rolling up on 27,000mi......

it's burned out 2 low beams (go figure)

valve cover seeps a few drops a month.....not enough to fix

I'll check the valves at 30,000mi and seal the valve cover

I put a MicroTec M226 on it and it will NOT go over 92C......so I guess I

won't put the HO water pump on it :naughty:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Noel I think I am just having to catch up on 19k miles of substandard maintenance. when gp cycles pulled the head off of it they told me that the valves were pretty bad. gummed up etc. hopefully this weekend I'll have time to get it sorted.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I find working on my Mv therapeutically pleasing,yes just waiting for the next episode ,I am mentally ready, tools are ready and it keeps me in the garage for a while. Lol. Thank god i did not buy a Jap bike.Could you imagine never replacing rear bearings,water pump bearings and seals ,gear shifter spring,valves shims replaced,fuel line mod,fork seals replaced and oil .new throttle bodies replaced,timing chain tensioner replaced,evr clutch installed.internal tank fuel lines replaced.front rotors replaced,rear shock done.all battery leads replaced. I am sure i have missed something,oh ecu replaced ,my fault.starter motor replaced .Now, thanks to the guys on this forum I did all of it.So stay calm breath deep and just go and sit next to her.

AND I JUST LOVE THIS BIKE

CHEERS EDDY

1 - 11 of 11 Posts