MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Can someone please tell me if oil in this area is normal? When I wipe it away it seeps back in again to the little hole qute quickly (within a few seconds).
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Thanks Donsy. Much appreciated.

Now all i need to do is repair the water pump drain bolt...i managed to somehow strip the threads in the drain hole and now the bolt won't tighten in it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Noel. Is there such small HeliCoil for such small holes? Won't be able to get them locally. Sods law that it's the first good weather weekend?
Any other ideas how to plug it quickly, temporarily?

·
Administrator
19,817 Posts
Heli-coils are available down to 4mm I think. 6mm for sure.
You could always find an alternate bolt and sealing washer a size larger and tap the hole to match.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's an M8x1.25 if i'm not mistaken.
Will order some HeliCoils just to have but meantime will look at tapping to slightly bigger and see if i can get a seal to enjoy the bike this weekend.
Thanks esq'z me.
Wishing you all a good weekend.

·
Administrator
19,817 Posts
Hmmm...the water pump drain on my bikes are M6 x1.0. Not much room to go a lot larger. Good luck.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a look on star twin trading and on the water pump drawing it is item 14 (for my F4 750).

And yes it doesn't look like there's much room for going much bigger.

Sods law this would happen right before the best weekend of the year so far!!

Will need to spend sometime on it tonight and see what i can do.

·
Registered
14,495 Posts
?

Really?

HeliCoils go down to M2x0.4

Take a longer Allen head bolt put it through from the inside, put a washer and nut on

the outside and tighten, it'll seal

Make sure the head is lower than the tapered area where the impeller turns

It will fit on the HO Factory pump I checked

:popcorn:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Noel. Have ordered bunch of helicoils to have around. Meantime did this (not pretty but no leaks) and also used some flange sealant making sure nothing was loose or protruding on the inside where the impeller is. It is tight , i tested it but just don't know if it'll tighten again if i have to loosen to drain. Will most likely order a new housing from Alex and possibly repair this one later. The screw i put in is a little bigger in diameter hence it went in tight. Thanks for all your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Donsy, that's very kind. I can't accept just to pay postage. If we can agree the one i damaged is the housing that comes with the uprated impeller .... I think it's slightly different to the stock one.
Either way i greatly appreciate your kindness but will pay you for it + p&p.
Thanks, Donsy

·
Registered
14,495 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Donsy, that's very kind. I can't accept just to pay postage. If we can agree the one i damaged is the housing that comes with the uprated impeller .... I think it's slightly different to the stock one.
Either way i greatly appreciate your kindness but will pay you for it + p&p.
Thanks, Donsy
I'll have a look sometime today and let you pick mate.:)

Wrong tip Donsy .......that one is for changing impellers

Pump seals are on page B68 of the Engine Manual

:popcorn:
Yes Noel.
Which version of which manual ?:popcorn:
The picture is also in my photo album. http://gallery.mvagusta.net/donsy/cooling/
Are you my newly appointed editor, seems like you're just going through my posts to see if I've said or done something wrong somewhere.:stickpoke Either way, thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts