MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....I'll looking to do the first oil change on my 2012 1090RR:yo:....but for the life of me I can't seem to find the capacity anywhere??? Can anyone help me with this??? I will be changing the oil and filter....thanks ahead of time!!!

Dave K.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hey guys....I'll looking to do the first oil change on my 2012 1090RR:yo:....but for the life of me I can't seem to find the capacity anywhere??? Can anyone help me with this??? I will be changing the oil and filter....thanks ahead of time!!!

Dave K.

Have you had a look at the workshop manuals, and the procedure ?

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
kgs of oil? wtf?

Yes Sir....thank you. But all I was able to find was "3kg of oil"...just don't know the conversion???

Thanks, Dave
one would think they would put the amount in a normal fluid measure

like LITERS or QUARTS

but that would make too much sense:stickpoke

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
My advice?
Measure what you dropped out and put that volume back in with new oil.

·
Registered
606 Posts
It is a little less than 3 liters. Do not overfill ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,639 Posts
Essentially, for liquids with a specific gravity around 1, 1cc = 1g; therefore 1kg = 1L at STP.

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
kgs of oil

3kgs of oil=
between 3.36 and 3.42 liters of motor oil

a pretty half assed way to measure it:wtf::wtf:

·
Super Moderator
22,639 Posts
3kgs of oil=
between 3.36 and 3.42 liters of motor oil

a pretty half assed way to measure it:wtf::wtf:
That's because the S.G. is < 1.0.....:wave:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Just did the oil change incl. filter on my 13 RR.

Engine warm, let it drain for app quarter of an hour. Could only get in 2,9 litres with oil level in 1/3 from low. Bike leveled by a Borsig bike tower.

My dealer told me it would be better to have the oil lever in the lower half. True????

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
3kgs of oil= between 3.36 and 3.42 liters of motor oil
Do not put that much oil into your beast! It might be that much if you take off the oil cooler, but for a normal service change it will only take around 2.9 litres.
I was using the normal rule of check oil level 30 seconds after switching the motor off.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is a little less than 3 liters. Do not overfill ;)
Thanks Much...I really appreciate it!

Thanks for all the help guys...just finished changing the oil and 3 quarts is what I ended up putting in (after a 10 minute cool down, holding the bike level the oil is just under the "max" line in the sight glass.

Dave

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
3 quarts = just a "hair" under 2.9 liters.....just thought I'd clarify:)

Thanks for all of the helps guys!

Now it's time to take Her for a real ride:yo::yo::yo:

Dave

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
nope

Do not put that much oil into your beast! It might be that much if you take off the oil cooler, but for a normal service change it will only take around 2.9 litres.
I was using the normal rule of check oil level 30 seconds after switching the motor off.
i never said to put 3 kgs of oil in the motor......

i said using weight was a pretty half assed way to measure liquid volume :stickpoke

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
3 quarts = just a "hair" under 2.9 liters.....just thought I'd clarify:)

Thanks for all of the helps guys!

Now it's time to take Her for a real ride:yo::yo::yo:

Dave
Thanks for getting back to us Dave.

i never said to put 3 kgs of oil in the motor......

i said using weight was a pretty half assed way to measure liquid volume :stickpoke
Bloody right about that Noel, btw, don't the older B4 take a bit more oil than the new one's, I seem to recall it being a little around 3.2L ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for getting back to us Dave.

Bloody right about that Noel, btw, don't the older B4 take a bit more oil than the new one's, I seem to recall it being a little around 3.2L ?
No worries Donsy...I figured I'd try to keep everyone in the loop. Never hurts:drummer:

Ready for my next oil change soon:yo::yo::yo:

Dave

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
amount of oil?

i have no idea how many liters of oil my '08 910R Brutale takes.... or do i care:naughty:

i buy Mobil 1 15w50 by the quart on sale......10 quarts+ 2 Mobil M-108 filters for $60 at Pep Boys

and i drain the cooler too

i put 2 1/2 or so quarts in and start it, shut it off.....and wait a few seconds and then top it off to the mark

works for me :drummer:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts