MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked every where to fine the oil capacity for my 2005 Brutale 750...internet, manual, nothing. I just changed the oil and it appears to take just a little over three quarts. Does anybody know where I can find this specification?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Today's F-ing oil changing story:

Went to five auto stores looking for an environmental oil drip case. The kind you can store old oil in and take to Kragen?? Finally found one 15 miles away.

Drained the Brutale oil into the container but, whoops! The oil is draining faster than it's going into the hole on the top of the thing. Oil everywhere. Ok.

Tightened the drain plug using a new crush washer.

Now the fun begins. Here's where I gave up last time and put new oil into a motor with an old filter. I COULD'T GET MY BRAND NEW FILTER TOOL ONTO THE FILTER. Consider that yelling BTW. Worked on it for 2.5 hours!!!

So... I decide to get a band tool that wraps around the filter. Got the orange rubber strap version from Ace Hardware. They don't have enviro oil pans btw. New strap? 3 min. New filter back on? 5 Min, to make sure it was hand tight plus 1/4". Filled up 3 quarts plus a little more of synthetic oil 20-50w.

Also, I tried the throttle body spring trick. Undoing the spring tension on the left throttle leaving just the other one between cylinders 1&2. Feels much better (the tight throttle numbs my hand) and I'll have a report after our 200 mile Palomar twisty ride manana.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I also put slightly more than 3qts. in when I changed my oil.

I replaced the stock filter with a K&N (for R6), which has a nut on the end, plus the nut is drilled for safety wire.

HHester, I'm jealous of your Palomar ride, I have been there before, but I have yet to be able to take the Brute up there.

·
Registered
184 Posts
HHester said:
Also, I tried the throttle body spring trick. Undoing the spring tension on the left throttle leaving just the other one between cylinders 1&2. Feels much better (the tight throttle numbs my hand) and I'll have a report after our 200 mile Palomar twisty ride manana.
I think the throttle may be too sensitive with just the one spring. I took out 1/4" slop and that alone could have been the reason for the new twitchy feeling. I may go back to both springs, another ride will sort things out. It's easy to do this and see for yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts