MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asked this over on the Ducati forums, only to be met with crickets. I thought you folk may be a bit more knowledgeable :)

Does anyone know of an Ohlins shock that has an eye-eye length of roughly 245mm? Looking specifically for a remote res (SP). I heard tale that the 916 etc rear shock is roughly that length, but I don't think that's correct. Most Ohlins I find are 300+mm. Any thoughts?

I'm looking to replace the stock shocks on my Italjet with something a little....nicer *grin*

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
That email address is quite old, sorry I should have checked.
Here is the Ohlins USA phone number:

1-800-336-9029

It may pay to check if Mike Fitzgerald still works there and ask him directly. He's got a great reputation.
Other than Mike, you may ask to talk to a suspension tech.
Good luck,
Dave.

·
Registered
14,737 Posts
shorty?

the Ohlins MG 1260 is 286mm long, and has a remote reservoir with the large diameter hose. it is listed as having 70mm of travel, uses the 1091 series springs

with Ohlins you can change the length of the shock by changing the eye there are adjustable length eyes too:naughty:

ask me how i know:stickpoke

·
Premium Member
13,695 Posts
Asked this over on the Ducati forums, only to be met with crickets. I thought you folk may be a bit more knowledgeable :)

Does anyone know of an Ohlins shock that has an eye-eye length of roughly 245mm? Looking specifically for a remote res (SP). I heard tale that the 916 etc rear shock is roughly that length, but I don't think that's correct. Most Ohlins I find are 300+mm. Any thoughts?

I'm looking to replace the stock shocks on my Italjet with something a little....nicer *grin*
Italjet? What kind of Italjet? Post a picture.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Italjet? What kind of Italjet? Post a picture.
Currently have 2. The Dragster 180 is at Horsepower Farm in Austin getting the go-fast treatment. Stripping all the bodywork, replacing what I can with carbon and ditching the rest to show off the frame. Carb, pipe, suspension, clutch, the works.

The Dragster 50 is for sale....it's a little beast, but once the 180 is finished I can't see myself riding it :violin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts