MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
just got back from my dealer. Ordered a brand new Ohlins TTX MV 788 rear shock (it's really an incredibly beautiful piece of engineering) from Dan Kyle who assured me that this was the correct shock but my mechanic says that it won't fit. According to more than a few posts here, the 788 is in fact the model number that more than a few of you are running on your brutales.
any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
:smoking:

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
If your mechanic is trying to install the shock with the gas reservoir at the top then I'd seriously consider not letting him carry out the installation.
Install it with the gas reservoir at the bottom.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have one on my 910R which I got from Dan. The reservoir fits at the bottom. You cannot use it with the catalytic converter box. I have the Corse exhaust on my 910R and it works fine. Have rode it about 1400 miles and it is a very nice upgrade.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I chose a cheaper method for upgrading my F4 suspesnion. I had RaceTech revalve my rear shock for a fraction of what Ohlins would cost. It truely transformed the rear end on my bike.

The guys at RaceTech really know what they are doing! Send your rear shock to them, they will revalve it and get it back to you in no time.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ohlins on.
first impression.....rougher at slow speeds but the Ohlins does come alive at speed.
ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeah.......
:smoking:
:brutale::brutale::brutale:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts