MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this Ebay auction for an F4.

Description says Ohlins front forks??!!! Those don't look any different than the stock Showas, except for maybe the TiN on the tubes and the polished lower axle clamps.

I smell a rat...

Alex

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I remember when Dwight Mitchell was racing MVs on the east coast, he had his forks nitrided and anodized to look like Ohlins. He even had Ohlins stickers put on them.

They certainly don't have the standard Ohlins top cap, looks like the Showa one to me.

Looks similar huh?:

·
Registered
398 Posts
altoon said:
Saw this Ebay auction for an F4.

Description says Ohlins front forks??!!! Those don't look any different than the stock Showas, except for maybe the TiN on the tubes and the polished lower axle clamps.

I smell a rat...

Alex
Good Catch Alex, you just wanted the seat right??? :banghead:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Damn, busted.

Is there a rhinestone encrusted version? 'Cuz I'm all over that!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
JamesC said:
Casoli USA probably did that front end, they were on the other FL coast about an hr and a half away. It may have Ohlins internals, as their conversions often did, but I'd want a guarantee and receipt confirming..that adds 2kish to the price IMO.
Can't you just buy a set of Ohlins road/track forks for about £1500? or the way things work $1500 :)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
and our trade deficits have soared.

"The US trade deficits with Canada and Mexico, America's top two trading partners, have grown from US$52 billion and $41 billion in 2003 to an estimated $85 billion and $60 billion in 2006, respectively. The US trade deficit with the European Union has increased from $97 billion in 2003 to an estimated $135 billion in 2006. Finally, the US trade deficits with China and Japan have soared from $124 billion and $66 billion in 2003 to an estimated $250 billion and $90 billion in 2006, respectively."

the loose dollar policy needs to be addressed. besides, it raises our borrowing costs, which we like to do a LOT of....

SELL YOUR MV's AND BUY BUELLS!!!

(i have add this - this is a post done in jest - you'll have to pry my MV from my cold dead hands....)

·
Registered
398 Posts
altoon said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Damn, busted.

Is there a rhinestone encrusted version? 'Cuz I'm all over that!
That would look great on a track day :stickpoke

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
you should check the ad on cycletrader for the SP01 with lightweight marchesini's that will leave 1000's in the dust!! looks just like a painted evo to me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
style_one said:
you should check the ad on cycletrader for the SP01 with lightweight marchesini's that will leave 1000's in the dust!! looks just like a painted evo to me.
Yeah...I'll bet anything that thing is fake there is no script on the upper part of the side fairing that states "Agusta Special Parts" and there is no gold plate on the upper fork clamp that would show the addition No. should read #of 50. :bash: regards, Vern

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
style_one said:
Yeah, nowhere does he claim it's authentic, it's merely a "Custom SP001", fairy ghettoed out, and a misleading ad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts