MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
20,419 Posts
Hey, Someone stole Francois' bike and shipped it to Australia!!!!

But seriously, Francois Panzieri (can't find his screen name....Petitberose??) has this bike, and it is a stunning machine,although he just rides it and never washes it. Still stunning. PM him and ask him what it cost in the US a few years back.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Until Francois brought his to the bike night in Atlanta people thought I was nuts when I told them about the paint scheme, they really couldn't fathom how good it looked in person.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Must........resist............:mouthwate

Perfect for my needs........Santa, I want a........

Its just down the road from me.......

The one I remember for sale at MotoArena had a red frame and Red centred star wheels, like on the early Sena's.

Don't know if this is a kit, or actual bike from the factory?

And I thought there was more than three in the country?

I could be wrong, but I think these were the first Brutales (2005)imported into Aus?

·
Administrator
20,419 Posts
This isn't the kit. This is the factory version....but I think Francois has some carbon on his, and I know he has the titanium exhaust....

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This isn't the kit. This is the factory version....but I think Francois has some carbon on his, and I know he has the titanium exhaust....
sorry confused here
do u knw the owner of this bike and is this now a"personal import" into australia, as in it wasn't brought into australia as a brand new b4 america

i just spoke to the owner and he said he bought it from a person recently from the first owner who rode with mick doohan and darryl beattie and he bought it brand new from paul feeney group moto arena in qld in 05
is this story not true

·
Administrator
20,419 Posts
Well, he has the certificate. There were 300 bikes built at the factory. This appears to be one of them. There were some kits made, but I don't recall they got certificates and numbered plaques on the steering crown. Could be wrong about all that. Been wrong before and will be again.
Great looking bike regardless .

·
Registered
988 Posts
Don't worry mate. If its registered, it was sold new here. No way, no how can you import a Brutale and register it, even if you lived and owned it in the country for over a year in which you bought it. This aint no luxury car import.

Certificate looks good from what I can see from my chair.

Can't see a triple tree plaque number?

Timing is wrong for me, but I would have be interested in it as well. I miss my Brutale 750S.

If you have doubts, contact Paul Feeney with your vin number, and they will tell you exactly what it is, and when it was brought into the country. I have done this with my previous Brutale, and they were very helpful.

Still looks good to me :mouthwate

·
Registered
298 Posts
The one I remember for sale at MotoArena had a red frame and Red centred star wheels, like on the early Sena's.
...and did it have like 50,000 Kms on it? There was one for sale abt 2 years ago, if memory serves.

To the OP, if its an import it would have a different compliance plate (pink or yellow in QLD I think) than an Aussie version, which would be a silver sticker or engraved plate near the headstock...

·
Registered
988 Posts
RED BOOK Prices

2005 MV Agusta F4 Brutal America LTD

Private Prices $11,600 - $13,700

Trade In Prices $8,600 - $10,200

·
Registered
230 Posts
This bike was listed without reserve on Ebay Oz for $7000 for a few days...

I guess someone mentioned Redbook to the owner 'cos it was bumped up to $10,500 first thing this morning...still no reserve.

I like it but it just got $3500 less desirable and still not a bid...

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i spoke to the owner and he placed the ad on gumtree for the amount he wanted in the first place which was 10.5k, so i asked him why he had the ad on ebay starting at 7k no reserve and he said "fair point", so thats prob why he put the price on ebay at 10.5k. I think its a fair price actually. Usually brutales 750s in aus hover around 7-9, so for the limited edition america i think its bout right. I personally dnt think he'll will get it at all, but u never knw. I offered him 8 he said no. And that would be my limit on this model. its definately one i want, maybe ill have to wait longer.

·
Administrator
20,419 Posts
Here's some pics of Francois' America. The real deal but with MV Corse Ti exhaust and aftermarket rear sets added. Lot's of carbon fiber on the America. :mouthwate

Attachments

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Here's some pics of Francois' America. The real deal but with MV Corse Ti exhaust and aftermarket rear sets added. Lot's of carbon fiber on the America. :mouthwate
Ugh, and he expressed willingness to sell it during Bubba. Between that and the orange one up here I feel like I'm being taunted, unfortunately I have no cash!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
now im more confused
i enlarged the pic of his bike, does his plaque show 173 too or 175 cos it looks like 173, meaning the same bike as in aus?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
interesting
price is dropping daily
yesterday 10500
today 9500 on gumtree and 9 on ebay

cmon 8k lets go

1 - 20 of 48 Posts