In Calgary it was just wet and cold, no snow...yet :bawling:

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Looks surely miserable. I'm sorry!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Oh Portugal! ... And its new nacional sport I just invented for the pool - Kid Throwing! When the MV heats up too much, I practice sport :yo:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, I play that when the MV goes away, but it involves a snowbank :)

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Wow! On time, or freak snow storm?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Bring it Homie, I be ready! :naughty:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hopefully freakish, but the weather does seem to be turning early. Not looking forward to an early winter. I need at least another 1k on the Brute this season.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ugh! After work today :(
1410222736011.jpg
1410222720381.jpg
I am not impressed.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Remember that old saying, April showers bring May flowers.
So look on the bright side, only 8 months till the 2015 riding season. :stickpoke

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
David, does the snow impact your job in the mining business?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not at head office :) The rain is worse for us than snow, once the roads freeze the trucks can move faster, but the shovels dig slower. Bit of a give and take, but rain make a the haul roads a slippery mess and slow everything down. Heavy snow will kill visibility, but a grader pass after and some crush has everything back to speed. Oil sands are a bit of a different beast for weather impact over hard rock mines.

If you've never seen a fully loaded 400t truck coasting around like a hockey puck on wet clay, it's pretty impressive :)

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
If you've never seen a fully loaded 400t truck coasting around like a hockey puck on wet clay, it's pretty impressive :)
Tell me you've got a YouTube of that somewhere......:)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, they frown on video taping in the pit at all and I saw that in 2007 before I even had a smart phone...or YouTube was popular. I do have a video of a hauler backing over a suburban that I friend shot at an NWT diamond mine. For demonstration purposes after the Chevs engine died.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's pretty much it Dons, but that looks like a Cat 785. The 797s are much bigger, but do the same thing on slippery ground :)

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts