MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pickup up an OGK FF-5V lid. This is an updated version of the FF-5 that was quite popular. It's now Snell certified, which it wasn't before.

Fits pretty well, haven't used it yet. It came with a Pinlock visor which is nice. Will have to see what other visors I can get, a tinted/mirrored one would be nice.

Looking forward to riding with it. Not sure if it'll become a touring lid or not, will use it for whatever now, looks pretty mean in Black.

Been on the lookout for a solid X-11, but they have all disappeared here!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear the FF4 was much lighter. Indeed it has a great price point. Got this one for like 25,000 yen (which is what, 280 US?).

I'll see how it goes. I'm keen on a custom lid, so if this works out, maybe i'll give it a go.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Curious about sizing. Your lid in the picture was a medium. What other lids have you owned and how to they comare size wise with this brand ?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Curious about sizing. Your lid in the picture was a medium. What other lids have you owned and how to they comare size wise with this brand ?

I generally wear an M. That covers Shoei RF1000, X-11, Arai Profile, Corsair (rx7). Was looking at Scorpion EX700 for something less expensive to try it out.... that would have been an L.

The one thing that messed me up this season shopping was that the X-11 sizing seems to have changed since I bought mine years ago and now. My current X-11 is an M, 57-58. I bought recently an M again, and it was tight, like way too tight. Size M 57. At the shop I tried on an L and it fit like it should (if perhaps a tiny bit bigger, which is fine, cuz at the track I wear a helmet remover anyway).

The OGK L fit OK, bit loose. The M is nice and snug, the way it should be.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Wow this thread is about a Helmet. The title sounded like it is about a new Starwars garbage container.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Size wise my old FF4 ran a size small.

hmm. you might be right. It's not overly tight, but I tried on a L FF-5 (not the V) and it seemed all right.

Suppose I should just get another one. Maybe white this time (only 2 solid colors available).

To the Auction Site! :conveyer:

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts