Nice. What year? What country?

·
Super Moderator
21,411 Posts
Love the Italia! Thanks for moving your post @tinusr

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice man! Really love the italia colors.
The only difference I can spot between yours and mine is the front fender; mine is carbon, yours is painted which looks really nice!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah looks almost the same. I changed the handlebar and got some different mirrors and wheel striping. I noticed that your air vents seem shiny, looks slick! Same counts for the golden rear axle nut :). Are you going to keep the bike like this or planning on some mods?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Love your mirrors, the striping too. I have been searching for blue striping, but haven't found the right color blue yet.
The air vents on my bike are carbon, that's why they're so shiny. The rear hugger is carbon also. Came with the bike.

First mod is custom tuning on the dynojet. Before I do any other mods I want to make it run as smooth as possible. It's nice to have a tricked up bike but primarily is should be a joy to ride! :)
I'm planning on doing some titanium bolts here and there since the original ones are losing their shine. Will make the bike look a bit more "fresh".
Also on the list is a steering damper, the matris or ohlins. Not sure yet. I don't ride the bike that hard so haven't experienced much head shakes yet.
Maybe replace the gold brembo calipers by the newer type, Monobloc M4 I think. But that is less of priority right now.

What I really would like to do some time in the future, is to buy another frame and swingarm and paint it. Maybe matte bronze or something. Something special...
There is this guy here on the forum, forgot his name but he painted the frame and swingarm and wheels marchesini gold. Absolutely stunning! Something like that, but in a different color. We'll maybe someday :) It's always nice to have some dreams, it's what keeps us moving forward right?

Oh btw, I have a CNC mill and a lathe, and I'm designing my own aluminium frame caps. That will be a mod too. Designed a first simple version and validated the design by 3d printing the frame cap. Looks nice. Now next step is the fabrication and thinking up some jig to hold the part. Once it's done I'll create a new thread here on the forum.

Do you have any upgrades planned?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Love your mirrors, the striping too. I have been searching for blue striping, but haven't found the right color blue yet.
The air vents on my bike are carbon, that's why they're so shiny. The rear hugger is carbon also. Came with the bike.

First mod is custom tuning on the dynojet. Before I do any other mods I want to make it run as smooth as possible. It's nice to have a tricked up bike but primarily is should be a joy to ride! :)
I'm planning on doing some titanium bolts here and there since the original ones are losing their shine. Will make the bike look a bit more "fresh".
Also on the list is a steering damper, the matris or ohlins. Not sure yet. I don't ride the bike that hard so haven't experienced much head shakes yet.
Maybe replace the gold brembo calipers by the newer type, Monobloc M4 I think. But that is less of priority right now.

What I really would like to do some time in the future, is to buy another frame and swingarm and paint it. Maybe matte bronze or something. Something special...
There is this guy here on the forum, forgot his name but he painted the frame and swingarm and wheels marchesini gold. Absolutely stunning! Something like that, but in a different color. We'll maybe someday :) It's always nice to have some dreams, it's what keeps us moving forward right?

Oh btw, I have a CNC mill and a lathe, and I'm designing my own aluminium frame caps. That will be a mod too. Designed a first simple version and validated the design by 3d printing the frame cap. Looks nice. Now next step is the fabrication and thinking up some jig to hold the part. Once it's done I'll create a new thread here on the forum.

Do you have any upgrades planned?
You can check for striping at aliexpress. The package I got had also some blue striping. I'm planning to put it also on a dyno when I got my new airfilter and slip-on exhaust. Also looking for a steering damper but find them quite expensive, maybe first I need to see if I can improve my damping. It's not bad at the moment but I think it can be a bit more stiff and sporty. Do you have a picture of the prototype of the frame caps? Cool that you are doing this yourself makes it special!

For the rest I'm not planning on many upgrades. Maybe in the future when I also want to start riding a bit on the track.

741 - 760 of 789 Posts