·
Registered
197 Posts
what are peeps thoughts on this
are we liking it?
i cant get my head a round it

velocemoto time for u to comment on this one
I like it big time.

The F3 is the best looking sportsbike. Now this TV joins it on the podium as the best looking tourer -ever. The techno aids and extra features are outstanding, like the simple luxuries; heated grips; hand guard to keep hands dry and warm; centre stand; adjustable screen height

Having ridden a Brutale 800 I can say the 800 triple has more than enough grunt to make this bike an enjoyable long distance racer. Sorry Officer, I meant long distance tourer.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I like it big time.

The F3 is the best looking sportsbike. Now this TV joins it on the podium as the best looking tourer -ever. The techno aids and extra features are outstanding, like the simple luxuries; heated grips; hand guard to keep hands dry and warm; centre stand; adjustable screen height

Having ridden a Brutale 800 I can say the 800 triple has more than enough grunt to make this bike an enjoyable long distance racer. Sorry Officer, I meant long distance tourer.
Funny, I have never seen a Tourer that I thought "Wow that look good" and as much as I adore MVs this one doesn't stir that emotion either.

Ok having said that, my wife looks at it & says "Wow that looks fantastic" the caveat here is that she rides a Moto Guzzi so you know........ anyhow, she says " We should buy one of those that for those weekend trips when we need to carry stuff", I am left thinking :wtf: wasn't this the woman that not that many years ago couldn't figure out why anyone on this planet needed more than one bike?

I think I see a TV on our horizon although I am pretty sure it won't be at the expense of her Moto Guzzi......:jsm:

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Rob, never argue with a woman ... if you stand to get a new MV. :naughty:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Funny, I have never seen a Tourer that I thought "Wow that look good" and as much as I adore MVs this one doesn't stir that emotion either.

Ok having said that, my wife looks at it & says "Wow that looks fantastic" the caveat here is that she rides a Moto Guzzi so you know........ anyhow, she says " We should buy one of those that for those weekend trips when we need to carry stuff", I am left thinking :wtf: wasn't this the woman that not that many years ago couldn't figure out why anyone on this planet needed more than one bike?

I think I see a TV on our horizon although I am pretty sure it won't be at the expense of her Moto Guzzi......:jsm:

Rob, how i understand you! :smoking:

:naughty:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think MV will sell plenty of this model here in aus. With the 800 motor this will be a very good tourer to keep the best of competitors honest, 800 has huge torque with great top end power. I would have kept my Stelvio (guzzi) had it been more nimble in city as commuter where as I'm sure this new MV will be great in traffic as well as long distance tourer!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
what are peeps thoughts on this
are we liking it?
i cant get my head a round it

velocemoto time for u to comment on this one
MV have the best styled bikes in the world....this is no exception.
Makes the Multistrada even uglier...:smoking:

Not a touring bike fan, but this is very well executed IMO. Adrian is a very good Design leader.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Not a touring bike fan, but this is very well executed IMO. Adrian is a very good Design leader.
I can't agree more with Pete here ( I think he being involved in the design industry has even a greater appreciation of what it takes), I think otherwise few appreciate how tough a gig this was coming in on the coat tails of Tamburini - Adrian Morton has done an outstanding (and remarkable) job of evolving the designs into different models.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
If the few direct niche competitors are named, the TV walks away the style winner by far.

Is it sportbike gorgeous? No. Is it naked bike gorgeous? No. But is it sport-tourer/on-pavement adventure bike gorgeous? Absolutely.

I'd like to see a full-size 1000cc radial-valve 4-cylinder version with a bit more wind protection.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
If the few direct niche competitors are named, the TV walks away the style winner by far.

Is it sportbike gorgeous? No. Is it naked bike gorgeous? No. But is it sport-tourer/on-pavement adventure bike gorgeous? Absolutely.

I'd like to see a full-size 1000cc radial-valve 4-cylinder version with a bit more wind protection.
Blake, I'm having difficulty finding anything about your comments that I don't wholeheartedly agree with.

The latest Multistrada is more powerful, and the Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX is more quirky, and the Aprilia Caponard 1200 more ... overweight and outdated looking at conception.

The TV is the beauty, the bomb, and with a few more ponies, would best the Multistrada on every level. :smoking:

1 - 20 of 442 Posts