MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a note about this in the Brutale section.

My wife just collected a new left over 13' Brutale 1090 base model with 21 miles on the clock. Before loading it up the service guys started the bike, struggled to switch the clocks from metric to standard but finally managed it. They shut the bike off and when going to restart it the bike wouldn't restart, it wouldn't turn over but just make a click sound. They replaced the battery and after restarting the bike I'd asked that it set to fully warm up before shutting it off and restarting. It restarted........ she loaded up the bike and took it home.

The battery that is now in the bike is a BikerMaster TruGel.

So you guys think it was a bad battery or a cable / wiring issue?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping it's just the battery. I've read thru the threads covering voltage & cable connections but without being home to verify I'm only taking a shot in the dark. Being a new left over model I'm going to assume it was a failed battery from setting. But from reading the threads I probably can't just assume anything with MV Agusta lol, new or not.

I don't know anything about the battery they put in it (BikeMaster TruGel). I'll look things over when I'm home over New Years and probably buy a Yuasa or Shorai in the spring when it's time to pull the bikes out.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Does it have an alarm? I also find my 1090R will only sit for maybe 2 weeks before it's dead enough not to turn over. If it's sitting for a week or more I'll put it on a maintainer. There seem to be enough passive vampires on these bikes to make short work of the battery. If they haven't sorted it for the newer models, have the solenoid connector under the seat cleaned up and tightened for a better contact. That one killed my battery and caused a few other issues on mine. Remote diagnosis sucks, hope your wife is technically savvy :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts