MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long have people found the OEM Scorpion Trails lasted before needing changing? I've done about 3.5k miles so far and whilst they do have a reasonable amount of tread left, I'm wondering if changing them before I have a couple of long trips with a potential 1.5k or so total.

·
Premium Member
3,472 Posts
Doesn’t answer your question but…

Side bar tip: long haul riders map out a dealer in advance to set up a tire change. Give them the dates and tire brand/style. Easy. Fluid changes tossed in if need be. Can’t beat the local tips either.

·
Registered
679 Posts
How long have people found the OEM Scorpion Trails lasted before needing changing? I've done about 3.5k miles so far and whilst they do have a reasonable amount of tread left, I'm wondering if changing them before I have a couple of long trips with a potential 1.5k or so total.
Got 3.3k miles out of oem tires on my '16 TV.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Front tire you should be able to get 15,000 miles rear tire half that. But that's just my experience. Honestly the sooner you can get rid of the scorpion trails and upgrade to a better tire the better. I can't really say too many good things about the OEM option when there's so many better tire options out there.

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MacStrine

·
Registered
47 Posts
The rear Scorpion on mine was down to the legal limit(1mm in the Uk) by 3900 miles with the front not far behind. Liked how they rode but I expected them to do more miles although not 7500/15000 😁.

Swapped for Angel GT IIs and after 3300m they currently at 4-4.5mm so reckon I may get 4500-5000 out of them.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Angel GT is where it's at :) much improvement over the scorpion trail. I got so many miles out of mine because all the miles are highway basically.

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Update - Walked into the garage yesterday and discovered a flat rear due to the valve coming loose. As the rear only had 2mm left after 5100 miles and I'm off round Scotland in a couple of weeks, I decided it was time for a new set.
At the tyre place the fitter found that both tyre valves were like new including their threads which were very shiny and had never seen threadless. Might be worth checking them at your next tyre change.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just done 8000 miles on the Scorpion Trails and still about 1/2 mm before wear bars. That includes two 2000mile plus tours fully loaded and with plenty of motorway miles. Well impressed!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Changed first set of Scorpion Trails at 7500 miles. Could have gone 8000. Second set Scorpion Trails 2. Same miles. Fronts a little better but I changed them at the same time. Third set, Dunlop Roadsmart 4. Dunlops still to new to give a mileage rating. I was told Dunlops may have better handling, but I think they were about the same., I like both.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have had 2 other sets of the scorpion trails. loved how they ride, hate how they wear. mine wore out at 6k and did so really bad. flat spot and belts showing at 6k. huge cupping on the front. i will stick to the pilot 6s

·
Registered
658 Posts
Changed mine at 12,000kms got a puncture in the back and front was shot, replaced with Metzler roadtech 01 front cupped badly and rear wore down in the centre now have Angel GT’s only 500kms so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts