MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tried the OEM rear stand today and realized that it is quite easy to get on the stand. Then I realized that there is no extended arm to lower the bike down from the stand like on the Pit Bull stands.

Is there a trick or technique to getting the bike off the OEM stand?

·
Registered
155 Posts
the best way is to buy a pit bull rear stand! i do not like the factory stand because of just what you said, no extended arm to put bike up !

·
Registered
352 Posts
I agree, the MV rear stand sucks. The pit bull stand is easier to lift and lower the bike. Besides, 150 bucks isn't noo much money to invest to have a more safe way to raise and lower your bike.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just give a good pull on the handlebars from the front of the bike.

The only trick there is to remember to put down the kickstand before you take it of the stand, that way you don’t have to worry about shimmying around the side of the bike to put the kickstand down and keep the bike balanced at the same time.

OK, I agree the factory stand sucks.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I got pretty used to the OEM stand and actually really like it. Just hold on to the handlebars and use your foot to "stop" the stand from moving forward. Then I just give a push forward (with kickstand down) and it should come down with both arms balancing the bike from the bars

·
Administrator
19,819 Posts
I have learned to get her up on the stand with ease, and down off the stand with ease. I'm not sure I understand what the problem is???? My factory rear and Corse front stands work very well.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
There were some pics of the proper sequence posted up here at some point. Haven't had a chance to go searching for it, but it's out there.....

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
When bringing the bike down off the stand, I stand on the right hand side of the bike. Using my left foot, I stand on the little part of the stand that curves and flips up (where the black cap is at the end of the tube). My weight on this part of the stand coupled with pushing forward on the clip ons usually brings the bike down nicely -- my weight helps to "roll" the stand forward. Just be sure to have the kickstand down before you do this, though!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
yea i do to just put the kickstand down. and then i grab the bitch strap on the seat and the left handle bar give it a tug and it pulls over every time

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
G.Rand said:
When bringing the bike down off the stand, I stand on the right hand side of the bike. Using my left foot, I stand on the little part of the stand that curves and flips up (where the black cap is at the end of the tube). My weight on this part of the stand coupled with pushing forward on the clip ons usually brings the bike down nicely -- my weight helps to "roll" the stand forward. Just be sure to have the kickstand down before you do this, though!

+1
No problems.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
No problems at all in nearly 8 years of ownership, I stand on the LH side and just push it off as if I was pushing the bike along the road.

Putting it on is also easy, fit stand in hole, lift bike off sidestand till rear stand is 'square' or flat to floor, put foot on rear stand ( the part that ends up rearmost on the floor) and just push rearwards with foot whilst steadying bike

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
mikef4uk said:
No problems at all in nearly 8 years of ownership, I stand on the LH side and just push it off as if I was pushing the bike along the road.

Putting it on is also easy, fit stand in hole, lift bike off sidestand till rear stand is 'square' or flat to floor, put foot on rear stand ( the part that ends up rearmost on the floor) and just push rearwards with foot whilst steadying bike
I too just push it off as if I was walking the bike and lift mine the same way by getting the stand square on the floor and puttting a foot on it but then I go around the back and hop up with both feet on the stand and hold onto the back of the seat use my weight to lever it back.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Firstly,make sure your sidestand is down and firmly forward.

Grab the bar that goes from the centre of the stand to the outside of the stand or rear of the stand,whatever you prefer to call it.Place your hand as close to the ground as you can,for max leverage.
Left hand at front of rear seat for stability.

Pull up and towards the front of the bike.

This feels tricky,but if you let the bike roll forward onto the flat section of the stand the bike cannot fall over.But for goodness sake,DONT let go of the stand until the bike is on the sidestand.

Lift the stand up and slowly lower onto the side stand.
You MUST be on the left side of the bike to do this.

Try it with a mate for the first couple of times,then you will be the master!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree, you can get used to the factory stand and it is nice in tighter places (backed up to a wall) being shorter overall. On the other hand the pitbull arm comes forward when used on the left side and you can hold the bike and lift the bike off the stand at the same time on the same side of the bike. Just my 2 cents for whatever it may or may not be worth.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts