MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just found out the rear break pump (800089313) and one of the ignition coils (8000A6700) are bad on my F4. Are those OEM only parts or are there cross references to other manufacturers so my dealer doesn't have to source the parts from the factory?

·
Registered
819 Posts
So I just found out the rear break pump (800089313) and one of the ignition coils (8000A6700) are bad on my F4. Are those OEM only parts or are there cross references to other manufacturers so my dealer doesn't have to source the parts from the factory?

The rear master is a fairly common brembo unit. Surely there is a rebuild kit out there. Real easy to rebuild em and shouldn't cost much. Probably could be done in less than an hour by ones own self to save you the shop rates. My notes show i have a set of coils but will need to double check to be certain. What's EC say they cost?

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Hi Michael. What year is your bike.?

I have the stick coils. And is it the rear brake master cylinder that has gone down. I have a spare one of those.
Also I am sure CAG will help u too.
Cheers
Joe

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. I was more curious whether my dealer could source new parts from other than MV Agusta. That's the double-edged sword of the warranty. Parts, labor, materials, and even towing is covered with no deductible. Problem is that the majority of time they go through the factory for replacement parts and it takes two weeks to get them from the factory to my dealer.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
kits?

micwhitt1;
the problem with Brembo stuff is 95% of the time they DO NOT sell internal parts
as Fred Renz of Yoyodyne (a Brembo distributor) said "if you need a dust boot for a $1682 racing caliper......it's $1682"

there are exceptions;
Aprilia sells the slave seal ($26):wtf:

BMW sells caliper parts not sure about rear M/C parts

KTM sells both don't think they sell M/C front parts

I found radial clutch M/C seals (15mm)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Thanks all. I was more curious whether my dealer could source new parts from other than MV Agusta. That's the double-edged sword of the warranty. Parts, labor, materials, and even towing is covered with no deductible. Problem is that the majority of time they go through the factory for replacement parts and it takes two weeks to get them from the factory to my dealer.

EC should have been able to answer that question right then and there. For warranty work any dealer for any brand will have to go through the factory/manufacturer if they want to get paid.
Consider yourself fortunate the wait is only 2 weeks. Some folks wait months, if not more, and sometimes still don't get a satisfactory resolution. Yes, its frustrating, but such is life when you own such a brand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts