MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Odd turn signals issue

My 16 TVL turn signals has half of the LED's out on all 4 of them. @ LED on each of the rear and 3 and 4 on the hand guards LED's. The warranty does not want to cover because they are considered bulbs and not covered in the warranty. We all know on the TVL you cannot replace the lights. I have to replaced the whole handguards assembly. The rear I would have to replace the whole assembly as well. It is odd that only half of the LED's are out on all 4 of the turn signals. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
464 Posts
... Any ideas or suggestions?
eBay or used part dealers.

Cost a lot to replace.

If the warranty is still valid, LED signals are no bulbs.
Bulbs of yore were cheap and bulbs mostly killed by vibration, very easy to change.
MV went for LED because LED are supposed to last a lot longer than bulbs.

Back indicator parts are the same for Rivale, Dragster, Stradale [before the euro 4 batch].
Front LED are harder to find, but Rivale or Stradale indicators also fit the Turislow.

Dealer retailing those on the web have seen the Virgin Mary, they believe miracles.
Prices listed seem acts of faith more than business sense.

Stand your ground with the closest dealer.
Replacing LED indicators is warranty.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm still working with the dealer. Hopefully they get it sort out. They did cover a oil pressure switch light issue. Been waiting on the part for 2 months now. I love MV Agusta customer service and parts availability!!!!!:banghead:

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
If he insists that it is a "bulb issue" and not a warranty repair, perhaps you should ask him for some "replacement bulbs"....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts