MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2014 F3 800. ( has been a Bike i have wanted for many years, and I got one :) )

coming off GSXR 600's and a 2016 FZ-09
when starting off a line like at a intersection. the bike just feels like it doesn't want to go. Almost like I am in 2nd gear, Which I know I am not.
Makes a lot of chain noise like the bike is being bogged down.
Is this normal? Do I need to just bring the RPM's higher?
My GSXR's and FZ-09 didn't do this or have this problem. or sound.

I have noticed anything under 5k or lower the bike just doesn't feel like it has the gearing to move.

Or Am i just being a dumbass

Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
I pull away at much less revs than that usually. Does your bike move with no throttle if you slip the clutch out a little or stall immediately? I tend to pull away at on 2-4k rpm unless uphill and just slip lots. Though this could be down to different riding styles certainly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pull away at much less revs than that usually. Does your bike move with no throttle if you slip the clutch out a little or stall immediately? I tend to pull away at on 2-4k rpm unless uphill and just slip lots. Though this could be down to different riding styles certainly.
I'll have to try that. Never checked.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I just let the clutch out 99% of the time. No additional rpm unless I am coming off a hill start. Once I hear it start to drop the rpm from the take off I apply throttle. My idle is set at 1650.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts