MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, because my bike doesnt like to stay working for more than a month at a time, I've developed an interesting series of clutch tumors. Basically, I went out riding yesterday and when I went to pull the clutch in, before starting the bike, I noticed that it would pull smoothly for the first 3/4 of the pull and then hit, what felt like, a stop. It instantly became much stiffer for only a moment, then normal again, then another stop, then normal, then a third stop, then normal all the way to the bar. I checked the cable to see if it was getting caught up on anything and all seemed well. You can see the little spring lever by the clutch cover getting stuck as well.

Conveniently, the tumors are right at the engagement point which makes getting the bike moving even more difficult than it already was.

Any suggestions? It seems rather odd to me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've had crunchy lever at the point of full pull in. My clutch is slipping ATM but may or may not be related. New levers going on Thursday... Will let you know.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Remove the cable and try the clutch actuation lever at the engine end and also the clutch lever at the handlebars.This will tell you if it's the cable or not. If it's the cable replace it as it sounds like it's beyond lubricating.Theres not much at the clutch lever at the handlebar that can go wrong. If its the engine end it could be a number of things but likely to be a bent pushrod.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Remove the cable and try the clutch actuation lever at the engine end and also the clutch lever at the handlebars.This will tell you if it's the cable or not. If it's the cable replace it as it sounds like it's beyond lubricating.Theres not much at the clutch lever at the handlebar that can go wrong. If its the engine end it could be a number of things but likely to be a bent pushrod.
Thanks. Its most definitely the cable that needs replaced. The clutch lever at the clutch cover is smooth as silk. Bikes going in in a week or two to get a new cable/the new, and improved, sprag.

·
Registered
258 Posts
When you get it back check the routing of the cable. When I picked mine up new the cable was routed wrong and kinked round the plastic panel at the side causing a tight radius bend and damaging the cable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts