MV Agusta Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

· Registered
2010 Brutale 990R
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
...and the resolution was...?
It was post #36 (I did as Mitchy suggested in post#34 with the bolt) I lost a little pressure and found the smallest hold in the inside edge of the piston seal. The seal looked fine on inspection but it fell apart when I replaced it, so it must of been at the end of its life.
Rebuilt with new seals and while I was doing it I had made for me, a new HEL line and bleeder at the top end. All works better than ever, very smooth and positive.
Taking on a project like this is a challenge. The first owner looked after it very well, the next owner didn't know what a service looked like. The engine oil was like tar and the brake and clutch fluid was the colour of a bad urinary tract infection :ROFLMAO:
I'm getting through it though, it runs a lot better with a new battery, fluids and the valve clearance done.

Thanks for your help on this (y)

Si

· Registered
633 Posts
Ha, I had pressure, the 8mm rear mounting bolt vibrated out and took a dirt nap somewhere on the way to the gas station after work that day.

I had a suitable sized replacement in my drawers of spares, but ordered a fancy titanium one from ProBolt for giggles.

Took the bike up to Mt. Umunhum Sunday for the test ride.
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle

41 - 43 of 43 Posts