MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just saw an OBD and how it works (with the "Torque" app on a smartphone), in a car today (so I started digging in the forum to find out how/if I could try/play with the mv). A short google search, and I came across something like this:
http://www.ecuvonix.com/adapter-ducati-agusta-moto-morini-moto-guzzi-p-723.html?language=en (I guess you'll need the adapter first, and then you can connect the device)
Not sure if you'll need any extra programmes/software or anything else to make this work.
I am totally new to this, so if you or anybody else in the forum found anything more detailed, please let us newbies know :)

Cheers,
Alexandros

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
I just saw an OBD and how it works (with the "Torque" app on a smartphone), in a car today (so I started digging in the forum to find out how/if I could try/play with the mv). A short google search, and I came across something like this:
http://www.ecuvonix.com/adapter-ducati-agusta-moto-morini-moto-guzzi-p-723.html?language=en (I guess you'll need the adapter first, and then you can connect the device)
Not sure if you'll need any extra programmes/software or anything else to make this work.
I am totally new to this, so if you or anybody else in the forum found anything more detailed, please let us newbies know :)

Cheers,
Alexandros
This is the thread you should be looking at for the use of the connecter you posted Alexandros - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37545 - Not sure what model bike you have though, so it might be irrelevant to you as it is to Multipass.

·
Registered
203 Posts
On my B-750 MY05 (IAW16) I tried the blutetooth adapter + "Torque" (and some other Android app) with FIAT adapter, but no luck.
With merc07 's "16M Diagnostic software" using bluetooth also no luck (wired KKL->USB on the same PC was OK).
I gave up real-time logging :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is the thread you should be looking at for the use of the connecter you posted Alexandros - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37545 - Not sure what model bike you have though, so it might be irrelevant to you as it is to Multipass.
Woa, those guys did some great job there!! Thanks for the reference Donsy!! I have the B4 1078, and I think this one fits mine, but I'll have to double check. Any idea if there's any app (like "torque") or something that works with smartphones (so you can actually carry that stuff with you)? Miko's comment got me a little worried :/

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Woa, those guys did some great job there!! Thanks for the reference Donsy!! I have the B4 1078, and I think this one fits mine, but I'll have to double check. Any idea if there's any app (like "torque") or something that works with smartphones (so you can actually carry that stuff with you)? Miko's comment got me a little worried :/
Sorry Ikaros, this system will not work on your ECU, I'm not aware of anybody that's got something to suit your bike other than the factory stuff.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Multipass - which ECU tool did you use and how did you connect to the OBD connector? Thanks.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry - I'm not on the forum much these these days as i got the Brutale pretty well sorted and am just enjoying riding it.

I was never able to find a connector and in fact ended up getting a map made by Dave at Redline Sports - he used Rexxer software. I did all of this in the Summer of '14 and actually started with a Microtech which didnt support ABS so no go on my '13. If youre interested in learning more click on my name and you will find my posts - and others who did the same thing. It was quite a PIA but the end results was good - bike runs well and ive got about 149 RHP.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very helpful - thank you! Now maybe I can get a Rexxer Unit with the right connector. Can I ask how you figured this out?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Multipass, I had a long searching session on various sites when I was trying to create a harness to connect the MV F4's Kline CAN High and CAN Low to a bluetooth OBD II tool. I have to add that I created the harness but could not get any data from the bike. It seems that Eldor are using different protocols from those used by the OBD II standard :-(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Multipass, I had a long searching session on various sites when I was trying to create a harness to connect the MV F4's Kline CAN High and CAN Low to a bluetooth OBD II tool. I have to add that I created the harness but could not get any data from the bike. It seems that Eldor are using different protocols from those used by the OBD II standard :-(
@christosc just bumping the thread to see if you happened to get any farther with reading data from the bike?

I'm looking to embed a raspberry pi under the rear seat of my bike, it would be awesome if I could fetch some real time data from the bike. At this point I would probably consider getting some sort of serial connection a victory whether or not there is data could be step 2 over winter. Any tips you could share would be super helpful for my reverse engineering efforts!

·
Registered
55 Posts
new models use the exchange for the CAN is not compatible with K-line
Sorry for my ignorance but what exactly does that mean? Does that mean different protocol, physical connector, both? I'm a software guy first so I'm still coming up to speed on the hardware side of things. I'd like to get to a point where I can at least attempt the reverse engineering process and for that I need to understand how to get some sort of connection. Any more information you could provide would be really appreciated.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts