MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,409 Posts
ONAGER;
02 sensor size is probably in FAQ.......I've posted enough times here on the Forum

I also realize V Bulletin sucks, but please make an effort

if you need to plug the M18 X 1.5 hole, a BMW R bike oil pan plug is the usual choice......make sure you always use Never-Seize on the threads of the sensor or the plug

or you WILL have a problem later on:naughty::naughty:

Donsy, and as far as I know all cars too

·
Registered
74 Posts
And it's the same on all MV's
Hello mate. Are you 100% sure about this?
The 02 sensor on my 2014 F3 looks to small to be a 18mm more like 12mm. Unless I am looking at something different.

Thanks

·
Registered
14,409 Posts
?

Hello mate. Are you 100% sure about this?
The 02 sensor on my 2014 F3 looks to small to be a 18mm more like 12mm. Unless I am looking at something different.

Thanks
You're looking at the sniffer ports :stickpoke

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
So where the fuck is it then?:thewife:
No need to start swearing buddy, we don't respond well to that in general.:stickpoke
Now have you looked at the parts list layout or Workshop manuals ?
Maybe post some info or pics of what you're looking for or at ?:popcorn:

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Donsy.:drummer:

So I am looking for the O2 sensor so I can take it out and replace with the O2 sensor supplied by Bazzaz for the self mapper.

The exhaust system is not that large so it was pretty easy to visually track down. However, I was thrown by the comments on this thread which state it is an 18 mm bung. This does not seem to be the case. That's why I asked the question.

You have identified #4 just as I did for the sensor:popcorn:

What do you think?

·
Registered
74 Posts
That should be it mate.
Yes I agree that should be it. That's why I was a little sharp with the chap who gave a throw away comment that it was a sniffer.

Annoyingly it is not an 18 mm bung like has been stated.

Guess I should have checked rather than presumed that information in this thread was correct.:jsm:

Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Yes I agree that should be it. That's why I was a little sharp with the chap who gave a throw away comment that it was a sniffer.

Annoyingly it is not an 18 mm bung like has been stated.

Guess I should have checked rather than presumed that information in this thread was correct.:jsm:

Thanks for your help.
And what size is it in the end, I've never seen a Lambda sensor on any MV being smaller than the more standard 18mm, but never more keen to learn either ? A picture is always a nice thing to include for those of us that do not have the specific model bike in the shed.

12mm is used almost exclusively for sniffer probes, I've never seen a Lambda sensor that small on any bike.

Double checking is always a good idea, especially if you notice that you're actually in a section not including your model.

Just learn the audience and you'll have it figured in no time :)
Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
And what size is it in the end, I've never seen a Lambda sensor on any MV being smaller than the more standard 18mm, but never more keen to learn either ? A picture is always a nice thing to include for those of us that do not have the specific model bike in the shed.

12mm is used almost exclusively for sniffer probes, I've never seen a Lambda sensor that small on any bike.

Double checking is always a good idea, especially if you notice that you're actually in a section not including your model.

Just learn the audience and you'll have it figured in no time :)
Cheers
Yep will go for the double check:naughty:

Here it is along side the Bazzaz

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Or what about this. The F3 doesn't have a typical O2 sensor type set up and just runs a sniffer type scenario.

·
Registered
14,409 Posts
?

F4, B4 and Aprilia sniffer ports use a bastard thread

9.64mm x 28tpi.......and it's tapered

a M10x1.0 won't even start in the hole

Pipes checked ;
Bodis
RG3
stock Brutale
Aprilia RSVR