MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday we had a great 300 mile run.
We started off in Great Neck, NY at 8:30 am and head to CT to meet up with Iamlance.
we rode up via the Cross Island, on to I95 North, to the Hutchinson Parkway North (pretty standard way of getting out of Long Island/Queens and into CT on the Merrit Parkway.

Once we meet up with Gary we headed north on Rt 58 to Marcus Diary in Danbury CT. On Rt 58 we can across a town cop who flashed his headlights at us as if to warn us of cops ahead LOL. I took it as a "hey guys slow down" since we were about 30 miles above speed limit.
Marcus Diary is a motorcycle heaven. Those of you who have never been there you should go check it out at some point. During the summer there is a large amount of motorcycles there every Saturday and Sunday.
After breakfast we headed north to Dutchess County, NY via Rt 39 onto Rt 37 then back onto Rt 39 through Sherman CT all the way to Rt 55 where we headed West into the Empire State. This part of Rt 55 is awesome, pavement is perfect, scenery is great, twisties are starting and getting you warmed up. Much to my delight there was not much debri on the road after the Nor’eastern that hit us the previous weekend. Then we headed North on Rt 22 into Dover, NY

We stopped at a gas station in Dover Plain, NY where we met a couple who had just stated riding together. He was on a 02 Triumph 955i in much need of a new set of tires and she was on a Honda Rebel 250. We told them about motomarathon and they might be participating.
We continued our trip onto Rt 343 which has a switchback going up a hill that is worth the 90 min ride just to get there. We headed into Millbrook, NY where we often see Ferraris and cruisers hanging around. We came out onto Rt 44 and followed that to County Rd 98 and into Country Rd 57. These two country roads are awesome going up and down hills and negotiating tight turns through farmland until we came to Rt 82 and stopped at another gas station in Pine Plains, NY where we decided where to take the ride. I suggested we took it to the top of Rt7 in CT.

With Rt 7 in our objective and the anticipation of Gary's wreackless passing cars on double yellow lines we headed to Canaan, CT via Rt 82 onto Columbia County Road 3. County Road 3 is awesome much like CR57 and CR98 I mentioned earlier. on CR 3 there was a guy tailgating a car so when Gary found a "safe" place to pass we went for it to receive a middle finger from the pistoff tailgater. We headed south on RT 22 onto Rt44 and into suburbia where we found many bikes along the way stopped in front of delis and whatnots. We finally arrived in Canaan, CT at 2pm.

For those of you who have not ridden the northern part Rt 7 going southbound, you should! On Rt 7 the devil came out of me. I passed Gary who was leading on a pretty dick move (sorry about that Gary) and hauled ass down the road passing cars on double yellow on some what blind turns and the funniest of them all (althought I did not think a thing of it at the time until Gary mentioned it to me) I passed a couple on the right as they were weaving to a group of oncoming cruisers. At first they were drifting left so, I couldn't pass there and I sure the hell did not want to slow down, it would have messed up the entry speed so I passed on the right according to Gary I almost became part of an oak tree. We continued down Rt7 until we reached Rt 55 and took the reserve route as before into Danbury.

In Danbury we decided to take the boring ride back as we suspected there was going to be traffic on the Merrit parkway because in the morning they were working on the southbound side clearing off fallen tree from the nor’eastern.
ohh yeah we met a dude at the gas station on a Duc Moster 6(something) who was a total dick and the worst part about it he had about 4" of chicken strips on either side.

We got home at about 5:30pm with a GRIN on my face and ready for a shower followed by a night in Manhattan in good company.

here is a picture of the route

Attachments

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we'll make a Sunday run just for you my friend

·
Registered
488 Posts
Damn, sounds like fun. I'll be up that way on easter weekend and can bring my brute for a Saturday ride. I'll be staying with family in New Rochelle. Let me know if something is going on.

best,
Rob

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is always something going on. Bring the bike

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sounds like a killer ride. Looking forward to meeting everyone in a little over a month away!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like a killer ride. Looking forward to meeting everyone in a little over a month away!
Motomarathon will be much along those same lines. As you can see there was little use of highways with the exception of getting out of town and coming back in. For motomarathon there should be no need to get on a highway, it will be purely backroads:drummer:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Next run will be Saturday, if the weather holds out if not then certainly Sunday.
A friend of mine just got a BMW S1000RR and the poor thing needs to be broken in.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
not to sound like an old fuck but seriously be careful with riding like that on the street. Ive lost too many friends and have seen enough nasty accidents in my whopping 30 years of life.

get that trackbike ready and get out there instead...its alot more fun believe me

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not to sound like an old fuck but seriously be careful with riding like that on the street. Ive lost too many friends and have seen enough nasty accidents in my whopping 30 years of life.
get that trackbike ready and get out there instead...its alot more fun believe me
Thanks DAD :stickpoke
we weren't too wreckless, infact not even 50% as wreckless as we were during the northern ride of Bubba.
But you are right, it only takes one little mistake at the last section of a ride to ruin a good 300 mile ride.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The weather is looking PERFECT for Saturday. We will be heading out for another run on or about the same route. Any one want to join?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another Great ride, We added a few roads to the route.
It was a pleasure to meet and ride with ENDGRAIN.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Had a great time today. Some fun roads , good people and great weather. I'll try to put up a short video as soon as I go throught it all.
Thanks again

·
Registered
114 Posts
Love to see the video's/pictures as we will be seeing you next month!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts