MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to take the senna in for 600mi service. Anyone have any opinion about the service departments at FBF vs Duc/MV in Manhattan. They are equidistant from me.....

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Gary,

Where did you get bike? If it was good experience, return.

FBF, despite what others may say at times, has 3 excellent mechanics, 2 in particular-Jason and Phil, whom really are GREAT and train other MV mechanics around the US. They have a "new" service manager, who returns to FBF, and is good to work with, Hauk.

Peter

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
I have spoken ill of FBF in the past, but that is only for their parts people. I know they have great service people that know MV's. There is also a couple of good ones at American Warhorse Dealership. I know of an instance where there were some issues with work done by FBF, but you will have to talk to Style_one about that! Why is it so hard to find someone that knows what they are doing when working on MV's!!! We should all get together and start a franchise of MV shops, James should be our fearless leader!! :stickpoke

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
yeah, but no one's going to want to do that because we'd rather be riding!! :D me personally, i tend to only ME to work on my stuff. that way it can be done the way i want it, and if something goes wrong, i know who did it. can only blame myself.

i will say that allan at fbf is really trying to turn that parts dept around. i talked to him right before closing on monday trying to get some parts prices/availability and he said give him some time to check on it. next morning he emailed me what i asked for AND called to check to see if i got the email. i told him then about complaints about fbf parts dept and that i thought he was doing a good job to turn things around....at least customer services wise. he's corresponded twice with me since then and is awaiting my instructions. got to give credit where credit is due.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pete, I got it at FBF but the delivery was less than spectacular, so I had concerns about the service side as well.
Anybody know anything about the Manhattan store??
Gary

Reopropf said:
Gary,

Where did you get bike? If it was good experience, return.

FBF, despite what others may say at times, has 3 excellent mechanics, 2 in particular-Jason and Phil, whom really are GREAT and train other MV mechanics around the US. They have a "new" service manager, who returns to FBF, and is good to work with, Hauk.

Peter

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know your exact location....but I just heard Cliff's in CT became an MV Agusta dealer as well...I believe they are also BMW..hope the info helps.
Christian

·
Registered
8 Posts
Danbury BMW

I've been lurking here for a LONG time.

I'd just like to tell you the positive experiences I've had with Cliff's BMW. I bought a BMW K1200S from them, and they have been nothing but excellent.
They also have a loaner bike program(although, I imagine your proximity may be an issue).

There sales and service staff is top rate ie. very knowledgable and helpful. Most importantly to me, They follow through. If they tell you your bike will be done on Friday at 12:00. It will be.

Just another $.02

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Perhaps John can chime in if he sees it fit but when I talked to Kliff about doing my service from now on due to Motofixx going down the tube. He said that he does not have a MV trained mechanic yet. I am lookjing forward when he does but also hope it does not have to be soon. I do want to get a full checkup befor the warentee is up in Feb.

Chris

·
Registered
77 Posts
Training is one thing... but how about experience, have the guys at Cliffs worked on a MV, if so how many times. I don't want someone learning the ropes on my bike and then letting me test it out in triple digit speeds on the parkway.

I go to the ex-head mechanic from DucatiNY, Frank. He works out of his place in Queens. Great guy and he loves his work. Every time I want DucatiNY to service my bike, I get the same "bring it in and we'll see when we can get to it" (of coarse that means that they are in demand), but that kind of puts me off as I ride every day.

DucatiNY did have a great party last weekend, DJs, open bar and great food, I got my Ducati gear signed by Ben Bostrom too (nice guy)!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I am buying my bike from

Gold Coast Motrosports in Long Island.

So far, experience has been very pleasant, don't know about service thought...

·
Registered
19 Posts
i would stay away from FBF, the old man is weird. I tried getting some parts from them and after 3 weeks of nothing i finally talk to the guy that owns the place and he yelled something i could not understand and hung up the phone on me. I had to call my Credit card company and cancel the order.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AF001 -- where are you located?

agustafan001 said:
i would stay away from FBF, the old man is weird. I tried getting some parts from them and after 3 weeks of nothing i finally talk to the guy that owns the place and he yelled something i could not understand and hung up the phone on me. I had to call my Credit card company and cancel the order.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Take it to fbf, they know them inside and out. Hey just saw Mr.Leppans bike ther last week , and hell it just set a new land speed record. My 2 cents

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
greylola said:
Training is one thing... but how about experience, have the guys at Cliffs worked on a MV, if so how many times. I don't want someone learning the ropes on my bike and then letting me test it out in triple digit speeds on the parkway.

I go to the ex-head mechanic from DucatiNY, Frank. He works out of his place in Queens. Great guy and he loves his work. Every time I want DucatiNY to service my bike, I get the same "bring it in and we'll see when we can get to it" (of coarse that means that they are in demand), but that kind of puts me off as I ride every day.

DucatiNY did have a great party last weekend, DJs, open bar and great food, I got my Ducati gear signed by Ben Bostrom too (nice guy)!
Yeah Grey
I was at NYC Ducati party last week myself. They throw a petty good party that much I can tell you. But what's up with your boy Frank. I'm in the Queens area also. How's his work, service, prices etc?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Frank Matera in Queens and is working out of his garage and is very reasonable (I think).
I called him and ask if I could pass his # on, give him a call @
917 940 2423.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Gold Coast motorsports on Long Island are very reasonable.

as you might know,

my new brutale 750 developed issues with 40 miles on the clock.

Goldcoast took the bike back and gave me new 06 Brutale 910.

Excellent service!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do not take your bike to FBF. They are terrible! The service manager Hoke is a joke. First, I dropped my brand new bike off and he started to try to peel off my Invis-a-guard paint protection, because he thought it looked like I had the bike re-painted and they had done a bad job on the clear. Secondly, after I picked it up after having over $1000 worth of service done, I rode 15 miles and the bike was leaking a good amount of gas. I called them immediately and he told me that it's may just be coolant that is overflowing. I went another 2 miles and the leak became worse. What happened was they broke the quick connect end of the fuel line. At this point I also realized that they had scratched the inside of the windscreen when they installed the mirrors. I told him about that and he said, "there is no way that Jason would do that and it's probably vibration from the bike that caused this". I would say that is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard. I told him they should replace it and that a new bike should not have leaked or have any scratches on the windscreen. They picked it up and fixed the quick connect piece but told me that he would not fix the shield. So basically they lost a customer with potential future business for other parts, bikes, and service for a windscreen that cost them $25.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts