MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My left hand side switch arrived so I thought I'd spend a few minutes getting the bike in order for the weekend. Unfortunately, as is always the case, when the light is fading, that's when things go wrong.

So I got my stock mirrors back on (yes, I got a warning for having bar ends ??? can't understand it, but ... better be on the right side of the law), got the switch on, tested all working, and the last step was to put the instrument cluster cover back on - 'plonk', the rubber nut support broke, fell on the ground bounces into my gravel driveway, and now I can't find it. There goes my weekend ride.

Anyway, so off I went to Star Twin, but, all is not well, I've lost a rubber thing with a brass nut inside of it, whilst Star Twin parts catalogue call it a screw/bush.

http://shop.startwintrading.com/en/products/b4/new-folder-68/electric-system-183

part no 6.

I'm fairly certain that's what I've lost, it's the nut end of the support for the instrument cluster cover on a Brutale 750. I still have the screw that it's goes onto. Is part no. 6 a nut or a screw?

·
Super Moderator
22,311 Posts
I'm referring to part no 6. it's goes into the steel bracket No. 5, that support the instrument cluster. I also know it fell to the ground, bounced into my gravel driveway and .... disappeared in the fading light. It's also the size of a gravel as well :-(. There are two of them on the steel bracket, I've only lost one. Definitely a nut.

The screw is as per part no 9 in the pic below.

http://shop.startwintrading.com/en/products/b4/new-folder-68/fairing-assembly-43
That is a M4 Well-nut.

Bog standard. Should be able to get it at a hardware store.
I've got 10 in a boag here, if you can't find a source I'll send you one.

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts
Should have read more carefully.... Yep, and I've got a hand full as well. Available in quantity from McMaster-Carr and others for very little money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts